the quote you were looking for is this

Now go
    home and get your f***in shinebox

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    the quote you were looking for is this

Now go home and get your f***in shinebox

Yeah, thats exactly it!
    one of my fav. movies ..

(i was trying to make it sound nicer)..... but it sounds more effective verbatim.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Kudos to Marc & Carlos...

Anyone that's been around this field for any length of time knows that we are both fortunate for the reduced costs, yet cursed at the same time for the undesired impacts created as a result of this. In 1979 (like Randy), I spent ~$500 for a Metrologic 3mW HeNe...adjusted for inflation, that figure today would be about $1500. An entry level, basic EPROM-based system was $14K in 1979.

Kudos to Matt & Chuck...

Lots of time and effort spent to bring an incredible product to fuition (I've seen it). I applaude you (as I do all those creating & selling into this arena) for keeping laser display technology alive. I hope to own a version of DigiSynth someday as well.

Kudos to Spec, and the "Pros & Old-timers" that participate...

Yes, most here are hobbists, but like many hobbies, you can spend as much as you want. Trying to get information from anyone in the business 30+ years ago as to how things were done, was next to impossible (aka "magic black box"), let alone come up with the cash to build this stuff. Even on ILDA, the communication is limited - nothing like what is seen here on a daily basis.

Don't take any of this for granted - we're all fortunate to have a community to participate in, and products to buy that further this industry.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Lightbulb What's this hobby crap y'all speak of...

It is an OBSESSION!!! At least for me it has been since day 3 or so.

I consider Digisynth to be compared to a Pango Pro kit... which I am slowly working myself up to one upgrade at a time. Yes thier product is expensive, but definatly in the realm of what some of us are already spending on this... hobby. We all realize Pango is worth it because of the time an effort Bill and his team have put into the design and development; does anyone suspect Chuck, Matt, and Chase have done any less? So they don't have an intro kit, maybe if we show them the possible market, they will look into making one. I do remeber seeing a Pango kit that came out recently that fits the hobbiest market; how long did it take Bill to see that possible market?

I don't see any reason to hate, except of course that I can't afford it today, which is more my fault than their's. (lotto #s didn't come up...) Give em the props they deserve and maybe that love will show how much appreciation the proverbial possible market is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    there ya go, even better... ya I have a modified 8 channel USB sound card that I use to playback old ADAT shows that I have converted over to WAV... it works amazingly well, at least as good as an ADAT tape
    Frank... I'm almost out of popcorn here...

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Kudos to Marc & Carlos...

Anyone that's been around this field for any length of time knows that we are both fortunate for the reduced costs, yet cursed at the same time for the undesired impacts created as a result of this. In 1979 (like Randy), I spent ~$500 for a Metrologic 3mW HeNe...adjusted for inflation, that figure today would be about $1500. An entry level, basic EPROM-based system was $14K in 1979.

Kudos to Matt & Chuck...

Lots of time and effort spent to bring an incredible product to fuition (I've seen it). I applaude you (as I do all those creating & selling into this arena) for keeping laser display technology alive. I hope to own a version of DigiSynth someday as well.

Kudos to Spec, and the "Pros & Old-timers" that participate...

Yes, most here are hobbists, but like many hobbies, you can spend as much as you want. Trying to get information from anyone in the business 30+ years ago as to how things were done, was next to impossible (aka "magic black box"), let alone come up with the cash to build this stuff. Even on ILDA, the communication is limited - nothing like what is seen here on a daily basis.

Don't take any of this for granted - we're all fortunate to have a community to participate in, and products to buy that further this industry.

Greg
    Yeah, what Greg said - on all counts!

BTW, Greg and I were VERY fortunate to be on hand at the planetarium in Killeen, TX, for a private demo of a beta version of DigiSynth, hosted by Chuck, in the summer of 2009.

Awesome demo, and from what I saw then, I would say it is worth EVERY penny!!

Now I have to get in line with Allthat and get my lottery ticket....

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default Hey Chuck and Digisynth

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have produced and AMAZING PRODUCT at an amazing price!! Dont worry about some of these Laser Blowhard wannabees!! They will never actually know what it takes to Produce a Professional Qualitly laser show capable of winning international awards... I actually DO know what it takes as i have produced those said shows for 12 years and many many millions of people have paid good money to see those shows..... Keep up the awesome work with Digisynth, too bad some of these closed minded individuals cant see the light... and will never make the jump to the real laser industry.... Cheers guys.... Peace out!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have produced and AMAZING PRODUCT at an amazing price!! Dont worry about some of these Laser Blowhard wannabees!! They will never actually know what it takes to Produce a Professional Qualitly laser show capable of winning international awards... I actually DO know what it takes as i have produced those said shows for 12 years and many many millions of people have paid good money to see those shows..... Keep up the awesome work with Digisynth, too bad some of these closed minded individuals cant see the light... and will never make the jump to the real laser industry.... Cheers guys.... Peace out!
    Your link in your signature doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD View Post
    congrats on bumping a 2 month old thread with that...

anyhow, never did get the WAV files from the digisynth guys

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Your link in your signature doesn't work.
    Rebump!

Did for me but just leads to a "Coming soon" screen.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    anyhow, never did get the WAV files from the digisynth guys
    bump for the wav files!