Thread: Pango Showtime Help

Default Pango Showtime Help

Got my new QM2000 about a week ago. I have spent many an hour already with the Designer abstract generator. My problem is; My abstracts look pretty good in Designer and they look the same in Showtime when I click on the individual frame, however, when I put them into the timeline in Showtime, they change. Almost like they are running at a slower speed. Has anyone encountered this with Showtime? I can't seem to find a way to correct this, unless I am missing something. Any help would be great. I am trying to get my first show done. "Equinoxe V" by Jean Michel Jarre. I am just getting stuck on this abstract problem.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Nevermind. I found the problem. I didn't reset the frame on one of the tracks. Even though there was no laser output, the galvos were still scanning points for the end frame. I still have a LOT to learn!

Smile

"Reset track" is your friend! Use it often. (These words were first spoken to me by Hayden Hale of Pangolin years ago when I encountered the same problem you did.)

When I'm building a show these days, I put a 1 millisecond cue with a blank frame and the reset track effect after every small segment. If I fade something out, I add the blank frame / reset track cue. If I zoom it down to a dot, same thing. If I pan it off the screen, same thing.

About the only time I don't use it is when I'm cutting from one frame directly to another. Then there's no point, since the new frame will take the place of the old one. But even then, I sometimes use reset track to clear out all the effects I had applied to the previous frame(s).

Bottom line: Reset track is your friend! Use it often. (Thanks Hayden!)

Adam

Thanks Adam!

I will keep this in mind. Above all else, I want to try and keep my shows neat and clean!