Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld CL-RGB 2000

Hmmm, thanks for sharing that - I suspected from the response I got & waited. Hopefully you can just add some beam correction or just a better lens like the o-like should give you a 1mmx3mm beam for not much $.

where can i buy a easy to mount beam correction prism?

Sidefx

Did you ever test with the modulation signals coming straight from the db25 pins? Or get a different ilda breakout board? Curious to see how you get the green analog.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    Sidefx

Did you ever test with the modulation signals coming straight from the db25 pins? Or get a different ilda breakout board? Curious to see how you get the green analog.
    Yes, I've soldered the green modulation line directly on the db25 connector, and all modules are now analog modulated. The blue and red are still going through the existing board.. I probably should finish the job someday and completely remove this board.. but at this point I see no modulation deifferences between the green and red/blue.

I have no decent pictures yet.. but I can show you this one: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	271760_211824642193055_208489279193258_555533_7345861_o.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	26715
    Here you see my two RGB's playing together. The one on the right is the CL-RGB2000

Thank you.

Glad to see it worked out. I was hoping it would because the price point is very attractive.

Just thought I'd add my experience with the CS2000RGB - One of my customers purchased one of these on line for about £1,600 it was purchased in august this year, mid september the iec fuse blew, had a look inside and the PSU that drives the Red & Blue Driver cards had failed, spoke to the distributor and thay had the unit collected quickly, unit was returned about 2 weeks later and laserworld had replaced the Red & Blue diodes, 1 week later iec fuse blew again and again the psu driving the red and blue diodes had cooked itself, its gone back to laserworld again and am currently awaiting its return. Laserworlds support seems fairly efficient to be fair but the product hasnt proven to be very reliable so far ! guess thats the price you pay for buying cheap high wattage systems. TBH the system was bought as a "throw away item" after its done a years work but at this rate it seems to be spending most of its warranty period with laserworld,

Also had issues when controlling this projector via DMX, the unit works fine for 10- 15mins then all of a sudden completely freezes and locks up producing a nice white straight beam !
    luckily the projectors mounted so that it could never crowd scan

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cool

Another heartwarming LaserWorld story .................

Attachment 28388

wuahahaa :-) .......

And i thought Laserworld had Swiss lasers inside, until i saw the picture with the china modules Looks like the one i bought from rasha
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...3&d=1322068090

Sidefx,

I have a cs-2000, have been using for alternative parties for quiet some time now.
    In the near future I want to use it for projecting some geometrical shapes. Obviously the 12k scan rate disturbs my plan.
    What kind of set would you advice to improve the scan rate to 30kps? And have you installed different red and green?

I am new to the modding of lasers, I do have experience with electronics, optics etc.