Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh!Wicked Lasers sith series.

Meh, won't be long before lucasfilms is onto them again. Don't know why they didn't learn their lesson with the arctics, maybe they just want another letter they can sell on eBay for stupid amounts of money?

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...Oh, and BTW: http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...itle=Main_Page so, your accusations that this community 'does nothing' to help promote / educate and steer-people towards safe-use of lasers / shows... and FYI, all we *can*-do is 'lead the horse to the water'...
    If that's the case Electro I'd be interested to know exactly how this device can be used safely?

Whereas its possible to make a case out that not all pointer owners are bad and some (probably the ones on the LPF forums) do use them responsibly, its far harder to make a case out for a staff where its impossible to track exactly where the beams are pointing short of just holding it motionless and horizontal in front of your body.

...and had this been 5mw lasers, we could have all said, hey this is great toy. But they're not, they 2 x 1 watt.

Lost for words
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Wow, the starwars kid video....couldn't stop laughing... How does his brain generate
    that much electricity to move that FF that fast? Lol The expressions on his face are priceless.
    The starwars kid had years of training.
    Do not attempt to do these stunts at home.. they require a well trained body as you can see in the video *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    *sigh*

Just couldn't resist putting my $.02 into this badass thread..

Of course this new device from Wicked Morons is ridiculous, dangerous and pointless.. and ordinarily that would be all that is necessary to say. Except for the fact that this is PL.. so on account of that there's MUCH more to say hehe...

Let me see if I can somehow manage to channel what will happen as a result of this thread by looking into my crystal ball:

All the folks on PL will bitch and moan about it at length, filling many pages talking about how this device will singlehandedly bring about the end of days just like the Arctics did.. and we all remember the millions of eyeballs melted, and the planes dropping from the sky like huge aluminum raindrops, and we all remember how our entire hobby ceased to exist, and all laserists thrown into work camps. Our families killed, our dogs raped.. as was predicted by the gurus at Photonlexicon.com in their infinite wisdom (HAHAHAHA).

The problem is...

So far the Arctics have failed DISMALLY at living up to the above-mentioned hype about how they will be the end of us all.. I base this on the fact that last I checked we're all still here and me and my family and our possessions and loved ones are unharmed, so I'm thinking that Armageddon has not happened. In fact, outside of this and a couple other forums the entire world is happily oblivious to the fact that this "threat" even exists.. Once again I take the stance that PL likes to freak out about stuff that just really isn't all that big of a deal. I think the same will apply here.. But what I do know based on the hard evidence I've seen is that folks on PL always need something to whine and cry about, so more power to 'em LOL..

Wake me up when the FDA starts giving a crap enough to really do something about it. That's their domain after all.. this thread only serves to display a market for Kleenex. These lasers are already illegal here in the US, and the FDA has already dispatched their stern letters to China and what has been the outcome?

Nada. Same as always..

When Uncle Sam cares, I'll care. Until then carry on with the whining gents. Maybe you'll be able to pull off another indictment like you did with ProDJAllen.. who, I might add, would appear to have suffered naught from your efforts.. Meanwhile I'll be off being awesome someplace.
    Would you like some cheese with that wine?

Hey, how you been?
    This space for rent.

just thought id mention..

http://letterstogeorge.com/
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Kewl !

I'll use mine for shooting Puddy Tats !!

Default LTOFAA Legal Notice

Dear 1289 Gangsta

Re:Cats Getting Shot by Laser blasters

It has come to our attention that you have made an unauthorized use of the copyrighted work of Terrawatt Labs by incorporating laser targeting of the feline anus area, heretofore identified as LTOFAA. Your work entitled “Cats Getting Shot by Laser blasters” is essentially identical to the pioneering work done by Terrawatt Labs at the 00:11 seconds timestamp mark and clearly uses our work as its basis.
    You neither asked for nor received permission to use the our work as the basis for “Cats Getting Shot by Laser blasters” nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, We believe you have willfully infringed our rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.
    We demand that you immediately cease and desist the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Terrawatt Labs FTOFAA programme. All copies, including electronic copies, of same shall be surrendered to Terrawatt Labs or if so directed by Terrawatt Labs copies shall be destroyed immediately. We demand that you desist from this or any other infringement of our rights in the future. If we have not received an affirmative response from you by 5.25.2011. indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, We shall take further action against you.
    Head of LTOFAA Research
    CDBEAM
    Terrawatt Labs

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I prefer the whip in Jonny Mnemonic myself (see 1 mins 26 secs):

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

CdBeam wrote:

"Section 504(c)(2) therein"

You sure about that? last time I checked... Section 504 (c) (2) is proper color, fat content, and texture of Government issue coffee creamer..

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, this one should set off your scaryometer. Courtesy of the folks at LPF, who honestly questioned its sanity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Laser-Dazzler-ad...item1c19c9699e

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-06-2011 at 13:38.