Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Uh oh!Wicked Lasers sith series.

Mil spec????? Seriously? I would love to see the documentation from the testing of this "lens" to see that it is acutally mil spec.

Steve, Maybe you could enlighten. Using a laser in this way (self defense), is this actually legal? Laser displays and shows are one thing, but for self defense?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Steve, Maybe you could enlighten. Using a laser in this way (self defense), is this actually legal? Laser displays and shows are one thing, but for self defense?[/QUOTE]

If it were a proper 2000$ one with class IIIA and a 6" wide beam, and testing and documentation known to be safe, yes, there are approved ones..Questionable, but approved. Various military groups have found properly designed and tested ones very useful as a warning before firing lethal rounds at roadblocks/in convoys. If a 5.56 or 7.62 is heading my way, I'd prefer a glaring green warning.

A good one is going to have a minimum of a two lens telescope, a very fat, parallel beam. It will blink at a annoying rate.

This one is dangerous. No testing, Narrow beam, No Training, No control over final power density, and NO QC. That is why I brought it up.

In some ways its worse then a spinning double laser.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-06-2011 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas
    This one is dangerous. No testing, Narrow beam, No Training, No control over final power density, and NO QC. That is why I brought it up.

In some ways its worse then a spinning double laser
    Very true, and the fact that it is designed to fit onto a laser. Which one????? 1 watt blue? Or 50mW green? I can see where that would be a problem. Snap this thing onto a 2 watt KipKay special and you have got problems, granted, the diode won't last long at that current, but hey, a few batteries and a resister fix everything, right????
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Default Terrawatt Labs Special Announcement

Terrawatt Labs notes operational warning for Double ended Laser Pointer==========>>
    Do not USE in jungle where bounce mirrors are
    present !! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sith Baboon 7.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	542.3 KB 
ID:	24939
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !