Thread: ADAT to ILDA gain amplifier design

Default ADAT to ILDA gain amplifier design

Hi All
    Here is what I am thinking will work to amplify the 1/4 inch single ended output from the ADAT to ILDA DB25 Projector input. I took this circuit from the original AMIGA modification for it to run with Pangolin LSD1000.
    The original circuit called for + - 8VDC I think that was what came off the regulated supply in the AMIGA. I am thinking 5VDC should do the trick. Any suggestions are welcome. And if this flies all are welcome to duplicate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ADAT to ILDA converter gain amplifier Rev1.bmp  

Thanks for sharing!

Am I right in thinking this would be independent of the ADAT circuit and simply require each channel to be wired to a 1/4" TRS Jack for plugging into the ADAT (or any other audio interface with Line-level TRS Jacks)?

I like the idea of not having to mod the actual ADAT / audio interface circuit.

Default Modification

Hi Yes
    It will add gain to the outputs but you still need to clip the caps internally so the output and input signals are DC coupled this would just be an easy way of dealing with single ended outputs (1/4 inch phone Jacks).

+ - 12vdc should go on the V+ V- rails +- 5VDC would be ok on the offset as shown. more to come.

you should probably check out this one too:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Guide-Expanded