Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Watt Lexel Argons, With a Twist.

if I was in America I'd possibly take one in a few months, if there are any left by then. Sucks being in the UK.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Matt,

Its a semi kit, you'll need to do mechanical and electrical and electronics and plumbing. The cavity will come aligned, Lexels don't drift much in shipping.

Steve

That doesnt sound bad at all!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Hey Steve,
    Please tell your friend I have that HGM sitting here ready for a trade if he still wants it.

Actually I may be interested in a spare tube, what you'd charge? I guess that's the same tube size as for the Lexel 88?
    I'll be in the states during summer and thus could avoid expensive shipping to Europe.

BTW I designed a switchmode PS for the Lexel a few years ago, and it runs fine since ever:
    http://redlum.xohp.pagesperso-orange.fr/switchmode.html

-RX

Spare tubes in the magnet are 500$ negotiable give or take, but I would need to know soon. We'll help you make a small wood box to get it home. It will go into the 88 frame. You need to move a tube support ~3 cm, you loosen the 4 small, almost hidden allen screws, oil the rods a bit, and tap the mount to slide on the rails gently with a brass or rubber hammer.

You then need to do a bit of surgery on the brewster stems covers to add a insulator, as these have a 1 cm long, metal rod on the ends of the Brewsters to hold the oriented crystal quartz, these are not simple fused silica windows like the 88. The stems are the same diameter all the way to the windows, and still quartz, they just have a little glass to metal to quartz seal at the end. Straightforward conversion, no pain. Probably do not even need to insulate it at both ends, but I did not want to find out what happens if plasma conducts down the stem. Heat shrink would insulate it.

My friend needed a med spec 88 tube, so I traded him my pristine 88 tube for two of these and put one in my 88 head, with the mods. I'm happy with the better beam diameter and mode quality.

We also have the low order mode optics if you feel the need to switch. Lots and lots of lexel optics, including the factory pile of weird wavelength optics, like yellow only, krypton blue-green-violet kill red, 528 enhanced, enhanced blue, blue only, enhanced violet. etc A few hundred ion laser optics. He has the book of optics curves, so with the exception of some specials, we know what is what..

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-07-2011 at 09:36.

Spare tubes in the magnet are 500$ give or take, but would need to know soon. If we just grab you one out of the factor crates, go by the test sheet and not really test and certify, the cost is less. We'll help you make a small wood box to get it home. It will go into the 88 frame. You need to move a tube support ~3 cm.

You then need to do a bit of surgery on the brewster stems covers to add a insulator, as these have a 1.5 cm metal block on the ends of the Brewsters to hold the oriented crystalyne quartz, these are not simple fused silica like the 88. The stems are the same diameter all the way to the windows, and still quartz, they just have a little glass to metal to quartz seal at the end. Straightforward conversion, no pain.

If you would like, we can switch you from the "hardened M1 battle tank covers" to scientific covers.

My friend needed a med spec 88 tube, so I traded him my pristine 88 tube for two of these and put one in my 88 head, with the mods. I'm happy with the better beam diameter and mode quality.

We also have the low order mode optics if you feel the need to switch.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-07-2011 at 09:48.

do you international shipping? (south america)
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by danilow View Post
    do you international shipping? (south america)
    regards
    any new with my last question...

have in stock yet?