Thread: laserwave housings, Picodrive

Default laserwave housings, Picodrive

Hey guys

I,m clearing out my room and have a couple of housings for sale. The housings are laserwave housings that are modified for having to brass blocks in them for having an 8 setup.

I also have two smaller housings like the one that i build the red with. The baseplate should be milled down to 5mm to fit the brass block in.

Also for sale a 6 channel PICODRIVE highside driver.

The big Housings are 100 euro the piece and the smaller are 60 euro the piece.

Asking price for the PICODRIVE 100 euro incl thermistor

The brass block internal can be purchased here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...n-(USA-Version)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1090268.JPG  

P1090269.JPG  

P1080996.JPG  

P1080975.JPG  

P1090035.JPG  

P1090038.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 05-15-2011 at 05:56.

1 big housing sold, driver sold. 2 smaller housings and 1 bigger housing still available

Hey edison,

I'm considering building a supercooled quad red some time soon, and need an enclosure that can be made airtight to avoid condensation. These housings look like they may be suitable. I'd like to know what the usable dimensions for mounting diode blocks, optics, etc. are inside each housing so I can figure out if I can fit everything into the smaller housing.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Hey edison,

I'm considering building a supercooled quad red some time soon, and need an enclosure that can be made airtight to avoid condensation.
    just keep in mind that some condensation can also form within the housing from the air that is already in there
    "its called character briggs..."

Here is the datasheet of the housing, the brass block from the quad kits fit the module if you mill out the bottomplate with 5mm. But that,s only nessesary if you ad a tecplate other wise you can mount it directly on the bottomplate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bridge 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    just keep in mind that some condensation can also form within the housing from the air that is already in there
    Yeah, I had considered that. I'm an undergraduate student at a local university and I work in a materials science lab where we have several dry boxes which are kept under vacuum and 0% humidity, so I will likely be able to assemble the laser head under these conditions. Hopefully as long as I'm able to properly seal the head I won't have any condensation issues. I'll try to fill the cavity with argon or some other dry gas and throw in some silica gel packs just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Here is the datasheet of the housing, the brass block from the quad kits fit the module if you mill out the bottomplate with 5mm. But that,s only nessesary if you ad a tecplate other wise you can mount it directly on the bottomplate
    edison, thanks for the datasheet! I think the smaller housing will be a bit too small for my uses. I had planned on cooling the diodes using a TEC or stack of TECs mounted to the top of each diode block. That way I wouldn't be wasting a lot of energy having to cool down the entire base plate of the laser head and could tune the wavelength of each diode if I wanted a mix of 645 and 660. Perhaps I need something like an old Viasho housing with the large heat sink and fan on the top of the housing.

I'll definitely keep your larger housing in mind while I look around a bit more.

Thanks again,
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    This can be solved by placing a silica-gel bag in the housing. We used to do this with IP66 rated equipment. You can secure the bag using a screw down cable tie mount.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    This can be solved by placing a silica-gel bag in the housing. We used to do this with IP66 rated equipment. You can secure the bag using a screw down cable tie mount.
    thought about this, but was not sure if it would do the trick. much easier than filling the entire housing with nitrogen

thanks wayne
    "its called character briggs..."

picodrive is sold