Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT 40 Wide

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    eyemagics are better and cheaper than cambridge scanners... if I were to venture a guess I would say he is going to start carrying eyemagic's
    Personally, for big beam stuff the DT-20H's I've got completely blow my set of similar spec Eyemagics out of the water.
    The DT's are so good, it makes you want to throw the Eyemagics in the bin...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Personally, for big beam stuff the DT-20H's I've got completely blow my set of similar spec Eyemagics out of the water.
    The DT's are so good, it makes you want to throw the Eyemagics in the bin...
    And the Eyemagic and Cambridge scanners are more than double the price... I'm not doing eye surgery, I just want to throw some beams out.

Hey guys-

Yes, CT. Lasers is no longer selling or supporting the DT scanners. I will not post publically as to what has transpired or why, but if you are interested PM me and I will explain.

As far as the Eye Magics and Cambridge- Yes, I am selling these. I have been for quite some time now. As far as quality, come on...the eye magics and CT's are light years ahead of DT systems. Yes, in all honesty the DT scanners are pretty decent *WHEN* you got a good set. I have a set of 20H's that are damn good. and the wides are obviously pretty decent. but As a dealer for all 3, and dealing in quantities of all 3...TRUST ME when i tell you, the DT's are not even remotely close to the quality of Eye magics and CT's.

For Gene and others looking for a budget set of scanners for basic shows and non-longevity of use, the DT's honestly are fine (as long as you get a good set). If you are trying to go to the "next level" of scanning or get to more professional quality, than Eye Magics or CT's are incomparable.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Hey guys-

Yes, CT. Lasers is no longer selling or supporting the DT scanners. I will not post publically as to what has transpired or why, but if you are interested PM me and I will explain.

As far as the Eye Magics and Cambridge- Yes, I am selling these. I have been for quite some time now. As far as quality, come on...the eye magics and CT's are light years ahead of DT systems. Yes, in all honesty the DT scanners are pretty decent *WHEN* you got a good set. I have a set of 20H's that are damn good. and the wides are obviously pretty decent. but As a dealer for all 3, and dealing in quantities of all 3...TRUST ME when i tell you, the DT's are not even remotely close to the quality of Eye magics and CT's.

For Gene and others looking for a budget set of scanners for basic shows and non-longevity of use, the DT's honestly are fine (as long as you get a good set). If you are trying to go to the "next level" of scanning or get to more professional quality, than Eye Magics or CT's are incomparable.

-Marc
    A while ago when I was researching scanners I got exactly the same advice from dsli_jon. He swears by EyeMagic scanners for pro reliability.

In the end I bought EyeMagic scanners for my large projector build and DT40 Pro for my mini projector as they are cheaper and smaller than the EyeMagics.