Thread: Coherent Sabre Heat Exchanger

Default Coherent Sabre Heat Exchanger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080159.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	24951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080160.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	24950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080156.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	24949

Serial 84492, Manufactured in April 1998

Heat Exchanger only, no Laser. In Seattle area. Make offer, any offer!

Lightbulb Umm...

Hey Kirk -

Need more info on this (really, for anybodys-sake...) Tested? Known-working? Last-known-working? Dead? Any idea? No Idea?... I mean, more of that type of info would help 'shape' any offers, dig?

peas...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

This is a water-to-water heat exchanger. It came as part of a Sabre system and was originally matched with a head and supply. It ran about 10 hours a day, every day for about four+ months at the ‘98 world's fair. It’s been in storage ever since. We sold the head and supply years ago and I have no way of testing it, but it was running like new when it went into storage. http://www.coherent.com/products/?357/Innova-Sabre

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    This is a water-to-water heat exchanger.
    Yeah, got two of 'em...

It’s been in storage ever since.
    Was it 'bled' properly (completely-drained / blown-out, including the DI-filter disconnected?) before storage? It's a bit disconcerting to see it with no cap-plugs...
    spidey, las cucas and other-such 'burrowers' seem to love hose-ports, etc... But I guess that would be part of any offer-consideration...

It’sWe sold the head and supply years ago and I have no way of testing it,
    Do you still have the 'comm' cable that ran betwixt the HEx and PSU? You can, in-fact, hot-wire those to run, at least for testing-purposes...
    I can supply pin-outs, but don't have the manual w/ my notes, etc, here at the moment...

Lemme know... thx
    j

Question

I assume these have a fat TEC array in them... Correct?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I assume these have a fat TEC array in them... Correct?
    No, they are a water to water exchanger hot water from the laser recirculates, while cold water from you supply cools it down, then runs down the drain... This allows the De-Ionized water in the laser cooling loop to stay that way, and 'cheap' supply water to take away the heat.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Anyone in Seattle interested? I'm getting tired of looking at it.

Still available. I'm about to sell it as scrap metal. Make me an offer

Lightbulb

Make me an offer
    Lightbulb: Try listing on sites that Universities go-to for used / surplus. You might also try lasersurplus.com, and laserresale.com - neither of them will 'buy' it from you, but you never know if they might have someone looking in the 'wanted' section...

Other than that, FleaBay or scrap... I'm probably one of the only PL'ers that would even-remotely have a use for one of these, and I don't since we have two, fully-working, and I am about to put an entire Sabre WL up for sale at a stupidly-low price (...for a 16W WL... So...

If this were a water-to-air, it would prolly be gone already... Jus' sayin...

Hope this helps...
    ciao
    j

PS - Do you still have the 'comm' cable that ran betwixt the HEx and PSU? You can, in-fact, hot-wire those to run, at least for testing-purposes... If you do, PM me, and I can give you the pin-outs for pump, etc... If you can say "Yes, it DOES still work.." in any of your listing-efforts, that will help anyones' purchase-consideration, considerably... .02...