Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye-magic Iris ColorSafe

Looks like a great product Kit! I would certainly prefer to use something like this than other forms of colour linearity correction if I had the cash. More so on the bigger projectors anyway.

The safety component is well designed in that it only attenuates beams of a lower velocity than others within the safe zone.

Any chance you could push each colour through the window to give us some idea of the losses?

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Looks like a great product Kit! I would certainly prefer to use something like this than other forms of colour linearity correction if I had the cash. More so on the bigger projectors anyway.

The safety component is well designed in that it only attenuates beams of a lower velocity than others within the safe zone.

Any chance you could push each colour through the window to give us some idea of the losses?
    Sure, hopefully I should be taking delivery of my very own almost new Coherent Fieldmax II power meter and PM10 (I'll get a PM3 later for doing MPE measurements) thanks to Marc gottaluvlasers upgrading to a mega battleship new meter.

I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    hopefully I should be taking delivery of my very own almost new Coherent Fieldmax II power meter
    Nice one! I look forward to hearing more

My CTs were made in ......ready 1998. They still going strong. No dissballance. Nothing. Work like new. CTs...well worth every penny.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Sure, hopefully I should be taking delivery of my very own almost new Coherent Fieldmax II power meter and PM10 (I'll get a PM3 later for doing MPE measurements) thanks to Marc gottaluvlasers upgrading to a mega battleship new meter.

I'll keep you posted on what I find out.
    Hey kit, if you want measure losses sooner, I have an LPM now so your welcome to come test here anytime (well not while I asleep lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    My CTs were made in ......ready 1998. They still going strong. No dissballance. Nothing. Work like new. CTs...well worth every penny.
    Long after you forgot the cost, the quality remains...

I love that saying and it is so true!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hey kit, if you want measure losses sooner, I have an LPM now so your welcome to come test here anytime (well not while I asleep lol).
    Hi Wayne, cool it will be interesting to see how closely our meters match.

Hi Wayne, cool it will be interesting to see how closely our meters match.
    They won't match. But hey, yours is more expensive and we could calibrate mine to yours!
    This space for rent.

Hey guys,
    I did some rudimentary measurements of the loss the the IRIS sensor introduces.

Now I still haven't powered the unit up, so there could be more to it, but the loss from the sensor itself looks to be in the order of 1%

The beam was 642nm and 445nm, no green as my green isn't working.

As you can see it reads 200.8mW without the sensor and 198.9mW with the sensor in the path.

I've got a model of an old partially finished projector design I did a while ago the shows how the sensor fits in the beam path.

I'll post it soon.

Thanks
    Kit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRIS 1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	578.1 KB 
ID:	26416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRIS 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	453.0 KB 
ID:	26417
    Last edited by kitatit; 08-07-2011 at 04:03. Reason: forgot details

interesting... maybe they changed it, the person I spoke to told me the insertion loss (even wide open) was pretty substantial, and they know the product well since they have used it many times

Yeah I can't speak from experience yet.

If it does lose more power than 1% it must be in the software or settings.

I'll report back when I finally use it.