Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diode drivers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Diode drivers

Dr Lava is a good friend, and normally I would NOT step on my friends toe's. However, he seems to be a bit behind, and understandably so with finishing a complex obligation. I've gotten four calls today for drivers. If I do a batch run of simple drivers, one time, Who needs how many? Pricing is STRONGLY dependent on board area when doing quick turn boards. I'll set it up for two amps max, to cover 445s. Single driver per board? Or Quads? No attempt will be made at SMD, these will be thru hole construction and thus a bit bulky.

Who would be in?

Steve

I would be interested in a few, but need them to be the same size as the flexmod p3's because that is what I have designed my modules to take.... 2 amps works for me...

analog or ttl?
    just boards or boards and parts?
    pre-assembled or diy kit?
    ballpark estimate on price?
    shipping to?
    "its called character briggs..."

I would be in for at least 2 but up to 4.

Unpopulated board or turn-key; I'm fine with either.

They will be Analog, 0-5V in. Form factor, we shall see.
    Board will be stuffed.

Steve

Default drivers

will they have bias and gain pots to set threshold,and drive of diode, also a monitor pad to put meter on to read output current for easy setup ,
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I need 6

Stupid fucking 15 chars!

I like the no SMD concept... Depending on price I would throw a few in the box of stuff ( I assume more people the better).

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Dr Lava is a good friend, and normally I would NOT step on my friends toe's. However, he seems to be a bit behind, and understandably so with finishing a complex obligation. I've gotten four calls today for drivers. If I do a batch run of simple drivers, one time, Who needs how many? Pricing is STRONGLY dependent on board area when doing quick turn boards. I'll set it up for two amps max, to cover 445s. Single driver per board? Or Quads? No attempt will be made at SMD, these will be thru hole construction and thus a bit bulky.
    Who would be in?
    Steve

I might be interested since they would be "reparable" (not insinuating that this would be inevitable ), which is always nice, especially for us myopic old codgers.

But how "bulky" is a "bit.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 04-08-2011 at 16:34. Reason: commas etc.

Re repairs

The opamps are SOIC-8, proven DIP-8 packaged rail to rail is is rare in under 3$ pricing. I just ordered parts for a prototype, but I've used this design before. I'm on the road till say Tuesday. I have the PCB program with me, so I'll know whats up soon.

Soic 8 can be desoldered with hand tools if you have decent soldering skills. I'd love to do socketed dip, but I like this op-amp that is extremely stable and high bandwidth at 3.3V and is reasonably priced. Only stock I can find is soic and something far worse to hand solder then soic.

I'll set the clamp limit at 1.2 amps and yes we will have gain and offset. Input will be protected and clamped as well.

I have SMT fets ordered, but I may use something like TO-247 or TO-220 packages for the extra heatsinking.

Reverse protection will be installed. Sense resistor will be brought out.

Parts pricing is shooting up due to Japan and stupid politics, not to mention inflation, so I will try to keep this reasonable.

Steve