Thread: First show 3W home-built

Default First show 3W home-built

first run of my 5W project (that currently is 3W)
    1W 650nm, 1W 532nm, 1W 447nm getting pretty nice white results with this setup

pictures:
    http://gallery.laserwinkel.nl/#0.0
    movies:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqcWo5SyzQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnapwEb7a7E

not the best place toget nice pic's with much background noise (lights on music mode that were always on and a grating laser :/ ) but it surely passed my quality control :P

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Thumbs up Excellent photos

I enjoyed the photos thank you.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

What scanner are u using? What the power at the window? Congratulation on the build.

good job !

1W 445 is enough with 1W 532 ? or you think you need to add some blue ?

Edit.... And I dislike the other non-coherent light :-(
    Last edited by kl79; 05-14-2011 at 23:29.

1w 445nm should be plenty. Its dimmer than the other colours but that's down to wavelength.

If anything technically its a slightly red light balance on paper. That said, we know from several builds that the 1:1:1 ratio produces a nice cool white with 445, 532, 640 and the amount of red is plenty visible from the video.

Nice build although I too dislike lasers competing with other lighting. I am great believer in the total blackout for laser then other lighting in between.

Hi Danny

Looking at movies you posted, white balance is good.
    Not perfect, but good.
    Mee to into my projector have: 1300mW green, 1050mW blue (445) 915mW red (640) and balance seems me good enough (little greenish).
    Anyway...You well done!
    And congrats for your touring truck!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Well done Danny!
    If you say it's a 5W project, but currently doing 3W, what will you do to upgrade it ?

i Think it look nice. Will we see this projector @ PJ's LEM ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    What scanner are u using? What the power at the window? Congratulation on the build.
    i am using PT-40K's but planning to place a few DT40Pro wides in it soon.
    power at the window should be around 3W as there is almost no loss only a bit of the red.
    also the diodes are 10-20% overspec so would be a total of 3,6W inside and i guess around 3,4W outside but havent measured it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    good job !
    1W 445 is enough with 1W 532 ? or you think you need to add some blue ?
    i seem to get a pretty nice white balance (little bit blueish). i am more thinking of adding a little red.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Nice build although I too dislike lasers competing with other lighting. I am great believer in the total blackout for laser then other lighting in between.
    with music mode on the others and no switches in range to put it off it was hard to blackout them. if there was a DMX panel i would surely turn these off for the laser.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    If you say it's a 5W project, but currently doing 3W, what will you do to upgrade it ?
    i Think it look nice. Will we see this projector @ PJ's LEM ?
    i have left enough space to place other laser modules in there. so just adding a 1W 445nm and PBS.
    the red is probally gonne be replaced for a 2-3W red module by edison once they are availible

i am probally coming to PJ's LEM but i am not sure yet (holidays planning hasnt been finished yet) :P

They will be available soon. The driver for the modules was being delayed but we are doing the best we can to get a suitable driver. There is a good chance that the red modules will have no tec. The thermal stabillity is so good that we might not needed for red modules. With the blue its a different story..... they get hot especcially with the 4 watt module so i need to do some re-designing. Have already a good idea though