Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would like to meet Dr. Sam Goldwasser at SELEM?

Really glad that Sam enjoyed himself. Sure hope we see him next year!

As for the Close Encounters laser show, that was done by Aaron (Allthatwhichis), and several people have videos of that show on Youtube. Check in the SELEM pictures thread and I'm sure you'll find a link...

Adam

June 2012 update...

PLEASE post in this thread about having Dr Sam attend again this year.

We will again, this year, need some attendees to give Sam rides to and from the event. ALSO any extra donations you can spare to offset the costs will be greatly appreciated(sent to buffo).... Please wait until we get the word from Sam... I have a feeling he would like to grace us with his presence again.

All who agree should post your thoughts in this thread-a link will be sent to Sam.

thanks hak

1 vote for sam 1 vote for sam 1 vote for sam hey this is like november

It was wonderful to meet him last year, and it would be wonderful to see him again this year!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

it was really neat meeting him, the more laser nerds the better

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    it was really neat meeting him, the more laser nerds the better
    I've posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

Sam has a perpetual, non-expiring, gold-plated invitation to attend SELEM for free each and every year as our special guest. Seriously - The man has done more for the laser hobbyist community than anyone else I know.

It would be *great* to see him there again this year.

Adam

heard back............ he wont come.... Unless we 'allow' him tp do a little speech/group chat/Q&A .
    Well IF he insists,,, I told him we let him off the hook last year to get to know some of us he had not met.
    Im doing something in QS to show him.

.. he says he is happy to bring any spare parts that we may be looking for- I knew one had asked me about aldens- Sam sells either sex- free shipping USA 5$

. his email; addy is at the site Upenn something..

he is low on green and yellow HeNes- check his classifieds. So I will be sending Mr Buffo a $20 PP gifts towards the Dr Sam coffer. Still not positive I can attend but you who have met me know I want to.

still some things to work out.. any wanting to share a vehicle from Tx please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    heard back............ he wont come.... Unless we 'allow' him tp do a little speech/group chat/Q&A
    oh well deal breaker

lol I kid, I kid, that would be neat, but I don't think I could ask a question that isn't probably already in his FAQ though lol

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I suppose if arrangements were made, I could potentially drive him there again. It necessitated renting a minivan last year as I brought way more crap than I should have and I was hoping to save that $500 and use my car this year but, if it comes down to it, I suppose it could be done. Not sure if I'm going to mirror last year and arrive Wednesday night or, save the hotel stay and leave early, early Thursday morning.

Any plans in the works for a Monday classroom session with anyone this year?

Re: class on Monday - Nothing in the works for now, Brad. Of course that could change, but right not it's not looking very promising.

Regarding Sam, I'm sure he understands that we'd love to have him do a group Q&A / Chat session. And we've got plenty of time and space to do it.

If transportation is an issue, we might be able to work something out. Will have to see what the funds look like as we get closer. (Right now they look pretty terrible, as I have less than 5 people signed up and around $2300 worth of expenses to cover, but hopefully things will improve a bit as more people sign up!)

Adam