Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 445 diodes and PBS help

On the Drlava's prisms, what is the clear aperture? Is magnification adjustable; and if so what is the range?

I am about to give this a try. You have any photos of your setup?

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I didn't have an issue combining 445's with a broadband PBS from the group buy a while back... one | and one - got 2.4W out

the LW cubes don't pass 445 very well at all but reflect it ok

Default Terrawatt wanswta know...Whatsa Goez inta vs.Goez auta ??

Whatsa goez inta....vs. whatsa goez auta ??? OK....the goez auta is 2.4 W....What is the power going into the cube...for each 445 LD seperately....That... of course will give us a handle on PBS efficiency....and that can be compared to the JML PBS optic.

The Curious CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Yeah neat little set up ... while you at it, maybe U can tell us what the drive current is @ those powers

also if the PBS doesn't have an AR coating ...aren't you worried about back reflection ?

Not a lot of cooling visible in those pics ... does the setup get hot ?.... or maybe you have a hidden TEC ...

@planters = DrLava uses cylindrical lenses not prisms @ a fixed ideal adjustment for best beam collimation.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 09-20-2011 at 21:33. Reason: cooling ?

Catalanjo,
    You're right of course. What I should have asked was what is the clear aperture for the anamorphic prisms that are being compared to the Drlava cylinders? Cylinder optics are easy to source if not so easy to set up. Sourcing prisms is more difficult.

Never ran into this issue with mine. I used Stanwax cubes coated for 445. All works fine at 90 degree angles...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0078.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	27512
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Yeah neat little set up ... while you at it, maybe U can tell us what the drive current is @ those powers

also if the PBS doesn't have an AR coating ...aren't you worried about back reflection ?

Not a lot of cooling visible in those pics ... does the setup get hot ?.... or maybe you have a hidden TEC ...

@planters = DrLava uses cylindrical lenses not prisms @ a fixed ideal adjustment for best beam collimation.

Cheers
    no idea, and yes it gets very hot, but I might shove a tec between the module and the baseplate when I decide what to do with it

what type tape are you mounting the PBS with?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    no idea, and yes it gets very hot, but I might shove a tec between the module and the baseplate when I decide what to do with it
    leading in trailing technology

Default Yikes

Laserkits....thats the deal...your set up is very compact....great...I tend to over-engineer things...Ya !!! See the discussion in the 445 section !!! What is your beam geometry at 40 feet ???????????????? ( What does the spot on the wall look like ???? )

CDBEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avatar9799_7.jpg  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !