Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Here We Go Again

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't be too certain about that...

Attachment 25869

whot the fook is this!!!!??????

"its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    whot the fook is this!!!!??????

Dans projector collection. He's making a new flashlight.

just put 4 of these diodes into a quad 445 module im building for my self.

exact same beam spec as diodes from A140
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default Rumor fun

I did hear from a knowledgeable source a few months back that there would be a shift from these diodes to bar lasers, in the near future. Just putting that here, since we're discussing it.

I could see that. The companies that distribute similar diodes to the 445s have allegedly been quite steamed about the market shift caused by the sudden availability of 445s for less than 10% of their original cost. Also, see how well these projectors appear to work with many diodes removed. This leads me to believe the change to a different laser format would not be too difficult.

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I did hear from a knowledgeable source a few months back that there would be a shift from these diodes to bar lasers, in the near future. Just putting that here, since we're discussing it.

- Jonathan
    Hi,

I don't see this in the next years, not in consumer products. The reason is thermal management. A bar means that you have to remove the heat the whole diode array produces now (~50W) from only 10mm^2. If that would be easy the heatsink in the current devices wouldn't have been increased. TEC cooling is no option, since it at least halves the overall efficiency if not worse. So as long as we don't see cooling water in consumer products I bet we will see no bars.
    Quite a lot of the laser industry in low power (<100W) is drifting away from bars to single emitters as well these days.

Andreas