Thread: I win my 1st Ebay auction

Default I win my 1st Ebay auction

I have just won my 1st ever Ebay auction by placing a bid this evening. I've only ever used Buy it Now to buy from Ebay in the past.

The item I won is a Yamaha W7 Synthesizer / Workstation for the starting bid price of 120. A bargain I think. It had a BiN price of 275. I think that nobody else bidding was a big help.

I sat there watching the screen at the dying seconds of the auction waiting for someone to out bid me. ....3 ...2 ...1 ...0 "BLOODYHELL it's mine".

This should go very nicely with my Technics KN6000 keyboard and expand my sound library by some 400 - 500 and is something else to connect to my Laser Harp too.

Will post some photo's of them together when the W7 arrives.

I'm suppose to be saving money to build my third RGB projector but I had to try my luck with this.

Carl
    Last edited by Carl B; 05-15-2011 at 12:59. Reason: typing error
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    I sat there watching the screen at the dying seconds of the auction waiting for someone to out bid me. ....3 ...2 ...1 ...0 "BLOODYHELL it's mine".
    nice to hear this carl, good news for you!

well, just a tip for next time. the final seconds ARE NOT for just watching the screen. The final seconds are for you to up your bid to the amount that you would really like/afford to pay for the item. This way, even if you lose, it is easier to accept that you've been beaten at a "fair fight". the closer to time expiration the better. you just can't be sure until the final seconds anymore, with all these damn ebay-snipper programms...

if you insert a high price days before auction end, you just invite competition, as many people will test your high bid to see what you've input, you just up the prices and benefit the seller. It is not uncommon to see bid-wars days before the auction ends

anyway that's the way i see it, best of luck at your following auctions too
    "its called character briggs..."

Nobody else bidding is always great. I also never bid before the last second for anything. Seldom use the Watch List either. I don't want to give a seller any information before my last second bid. Just love the rush at the end!

I have 100% positive and over 300 feedback and bidding over 10 years.

I will put in a test bid (low) early on. Then about 1 min before I bid a solid bid on the item to make sure everything is set up correctly and going through. Usually I bid a final bid in the last 5 seconds.

Personally I alway bid manually, never with a bot.

My Yamaha W7 Synth has finally landed after a shipping issue.
    There are a couple of thing that need attention but nothing I can't sort out.
    All in all a good buy for 120.

Here's a not so clear photo of it with the Technics keyboard underneath.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23052011054.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	562.6 KB 
ID:	25144

Carl
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp

Looks nice Carl
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Lightbulb

Watch out; that can be the addictive part. Especially if you know someone else is bidding; kinda get a rush if it is something you REALLY want and want to get it at a really good price.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

There are a couple of thing that need attention but nothing I can't sort out.
    Just thought I'd let you PL'ers know that I spent this afternoon stripping down, replacing parts and then rebuilding the W7 to sort out the few faults it had and the cost of the replacment parts was less than 50.
    It needed a new LCD back light, new encoder wheel and five new panel buttons.

I think 170 and a bit of TLC is a very good price to pay for a now fully working Yamaha W7.

Carl
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp