Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest version of QuickShow to test

Default Latest version of QuickShow to test

Hi folks,

If any of you are interested, we have a new version of QuickShow to test. You can download it here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/QS_314_Test.zip

The main differences are internal. Let us know (preferably by direct email) if you discover any problems with it. We don't expect any, but that's why we want people to help us to test it...

Best regards,

William Benner

After executed a quick test of last version (QS_314_test), everything seems to run well.

File dimension has been greatly reduced: 6,621 KB versus 9,076 KB of "QS_312" version...
    Just curious..... Deleted something "heavy" internally, or this is just the "new version" look?
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    After executed a quick test of last version (QS_314_test), everything seems to run well.

File dimension has been greatly reduced: 6,621 KB versus 9,076 KB of "QS_312" version...
    Just curious..... Deleted something "heavy" internally, or this is just the "new version" look?
    Hi Steve,

It's a combination of compiler options and file compression options. The actual uncompressed EXE size is now well over 12MB. Amazing!!

Glad to hear it is working well for you. We don't expect problems, but you never know with changed options....

Bill

So far I have not had any issues with 314. Works fine for me.

I was hoping it might have the fix for Virtual LJ for those few of us that have problems with it. Trying it doesn't crash QS anymore, it just doesn't work.

What Windows system are you using because it works fine on Win 7 64 bit?

Also, most problems arise from the input selection which is usually a Windows Options Issues not a QS issue.

EDIT: Actually I've detected a minor problem through looking at this for you that I hadn't noticed before with a quick check, but will have a word with Bill, however it doesn't stop it running.

If you can let me know exactly what your problem is I'll see if there's anything I can suggest to help.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-22-2011 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    What Windows system are you using because it works fine on Win 7 64 bit?

Also, most problems arise from the input selection which is usually a Windows Options Issues not a QS issue.

EDIT: Actually I've detected a minor problem through looking at this for you that I hadn't noticed before with a quick check, but will have a word with Bill, however it doesn't stop it running.

If you can let me know exactly what your problem is I'll see if there's anything I can suggest to help.
    Actually I have been working with Alexey at Pangolin on the Virtual LJ problem. It is a problem with my sound card (and a select few others). Alexey gave me some things to test with and ya, it's something with my Creative X-Fi card and how QS gets the data from it.

I was hoping this new version had the issue fixed, but being it's not a simple fix for Pangolin and only just a few of us with the problem, I'm not beating on Pangolin. Not at all - their software / hardware is unbeatable. Just had my hopes up a little for the newer version. No problem....

Other than a minor problem with LJ, QS kicks ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Actually I have been working with Alexey at Pangolin on the Virtual LJ problem. It is a problem with my sound card (and a select few others). Alexey gave me some things to test with and ya, it's something with my Creative X-Fi card and how QS gets the data from it.

I was hoping this new version had the issue fixed, but being it's not a simple fix for Pangolin and only just a few of us with the problem, I'm not beating on Pangolin. Not at all - their software / hardware is unbeatable. Just had my hopes up a little for the newer version. No problem....

Other than a minor problem with LJ, QS kicks ass!
    Interesting. I have a Creative XF-I installed.

I agree it was difficult to get it to recognise the output but it was possible it just required a bit of trickery in the Windows Sound Control window. The problem in Win 7 all centres around getting the XF-i output you need unmuted and marked as the active output as it seems the Win 7 Sound Control Window won't let you have 2 outputs showing as active at the same time.

Choose the wrong one and you get no Windows sound. I found it was possible to select more than one by unmuting but only have one showing as active and this tricked Windows / Creative in allowing both sound for Windows and QS.

Here's a screenshot of my XF=I options:

Best output to enable / input to select for me was " What you Hear".

(BTW the screen shot is flat lined because I had no music playing when the shot was taken).

Ack....Win7!

I'm old school. XP for me!!!

I only have 2 options (What U Hear & Mic) and neither works. QS used to crash in older versions if I tried to activate Virtual LJ. Newer builds don't crash, they just don't work.

found one little bug, if you do create text in a cue, write in the text box the last character doesn't show always, you always have to write a space and delete it for it to show.

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    found one little bug, if you do create text in a cue, write in the text box the last character doesn't show always, you always have to write a space and delete it for it to show.
    Use the contact form on the Pangolin site to inform Pangolin of the problem as Bill rarely visits here.