Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 55616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

I think one picture to show the highest power point and colour and a graph would be best solution. Jordan is well enough respected around here for people to trust what he says.
    Or maybe a gif of all the images.

Oh, and people should stop quoting the posts with all the bloody pictures too!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I wish VBulletin had a scrollable subset window for pics, kinda like the one for posting code. That way you could scroll through the pics if you wanted to but if you want to blow by them, no problem.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

A portion of Jordan's main clientele is sometimes like the Flat Earth Society. They want to see the rawest data.
    {}
    For that reason we usually tolerate the multiple pics, and We Love You DTR..... (Or more specifically we love his product)
    {}
    We can graph it later...
    {}
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Give them a gif then, they can always unpack it themselves later
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    A portion of Jordan's main clientele is sometimes like the Flat Earth Society. They want to see the rawest data.
    {}
    For that reason we usually tolerate the multiple pics, and We Love You DTR..... (Or more specifically we love his product)
    {}
    We can graph it later...
    {}
    Steve
    Of course we love him and hist products, and I have a total trust on his results, thus I will totally trust a graph from him.
    And for easy to read raw data, the raw text file output by the computer's power meter interface would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Seriously, please stop posting hundred of pictures and replace them by a simple, easy and fast to read, XY graph... I really can't see any single positive point for both you and us by posting so much pics.
    Noticed I was possibly a bit harsch with my request, it was on an angry early morning so sorry... I should have began by a thank you for you measurements But I'm sticking to it, those hundreds of pictures are a pain in the ass, even more on a smartphone with limited data!

The pictures are relatively worthless without taking the data and plotting it. If it is easier for DTR to post pictures rather than just plug the three numbers in a table then I guess I am appreciative to have something rather than nothing. But, if it is as easy to just provide the numbers then that would be a lot more handy, readable, and useful. 20 pictures of his hand turning a knob just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

I feel a lot of what has been suggested. I do have some that really like the pictures but for some it can be a putt off. Scroll back up to the two testings above and check out the new layout and let me know if that seems less overkill. There will also be a video on all new tests as I have found it a lot easier to pull screen shots out of a single slow and steady current increase video than to set up for every picture individually where you have a lot more variability as the temperature is not as linear when you are stopping and starting back up all the time.

I also like graphs a lot which make a very easy way to see the power curve and where the foldback is. I have been making some but it is very hard to find time to do the testing threads alone and inputting all those numbers into excel can get quite time consuming as I do like to have lots of plot points so my curves are smoother. I put up this thread a while back thinking about getting something going that could automate that.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/lo...ice-98338.html

It would be neat if I could get a program that either analyzed the video or all the pictures with the three values for each photo pulled into a excel sheet. I am sure there is a way to do that but probably not commonly available and ready for the format.

I also want to redo a lot of the older ones. Just got a nicer BK supply that has a current resolution down to 1mA compared to 100mA on my old cheap supply that had nice LED display that pictured well.

Anyway always up for and actually crave constructive criticism and suggestions as that is a main driver for me to refine my process. Formating them like I did above was pretty quick and easy so if it makes it better that would be a great solution. I will also have a video and a graph(when I get the time) on all new ones.

Also let me know any thoughts about changing up and doing them like I do on LPF where i do a seperate thread for every diode instead of this thread with a testing list in the OP linking to the containing post buried in this thread for quick navigation. I am not sure if there would be any objections and don't want to be seen as just almost throwing up a ton of threads over here but I think I would like to do that as I notice over there it does seem to foster better discussions about the specific diodes as the thread is only about one diode. Unless there are any good objections to that I think I will repost them all in new threads as I get new testing done the new updated testing done with the BK supply.

Anyway thanks for your input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I feel a lot of what has been suggested. I do have some that really like the pictures but for some it can be a putt off. Scroll back up to the two testings above and check out the new layout and let me know if that seems less overkill. There will also be a video on all new tests as I have found it a lot easier to pull screen shots out of a single slow and steady current increase video than to set up for every picture individually where you have a lot more variability as the temperature is not as linear when you are stopping and starting back up all the time.

I also like graphs a lot which make a very easy way to see the power curve and where the foldback is. I have been making some but it is very hard to find time to do the testing threads alone and inputting all those numbers into excel can get quite time consuming as I do like to have lots of plot points so my curves are smoother. I put up this thread a while back thinking about getting something going that could automate that.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/lo...ice-98338.html

It would be neat if I could get a program that either analyzed the video or all the pictures with the three values for each photo pulled into a excel sheet. I am sure there is a way to do that but probably not commonly available and ready for the format.

I also want to redo a lot of the older ones. Just got a nicer BK supply that has a current resolution down to 1mA compared to 100mA on my old cheap supply that had nice LED display that pictured well.

Anyway always up for and actually crave constructive criticism and suggestions as that is a main driver for me to refine my process. Formating them like I did above was pretty quick and easy so if it makes it better that would be a great solution. I will also have a video and a graph(when I get the time) on all new ones.

Also let me know any thoughts about changing up and doing them like I do on LPF where i do a seperate thread for every diode instead of this thread with a testing list in the OP linking to the containing post buried in this thread for quick navigation. I am not sure if there would be any objections and don't want to be seen as just almost throwing up a ton of threads over here but I think I would like to do that as I notice over there it does seem to foster better discussions about the specific diodes as the thread is only about one diode. Unless there are any good objections to that I think I will repost them all in new threads as I get new testing done the new updated testing done with the BK supply.

The new picture format is much more friendly. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post

Yeah the new smaller pics format on post #635 works for me as well Jordan.

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

DTR,

Your first page lists green diodes that your sales and data page do not cover. What is the output and cost of your most powerful greens? Can you roughly estimate a divergence of these for any particular lens and give the initial beam diameter with these divergences?