Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5763646566676869 LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Nice! Always loved that light blue shade.
    What 'bout the Sharp 700mW 638 diode GH0637AA2G ?

Yea I also got the Sharp 700mW 638nm in as well but have not had time to put up a listing page on it or test it yet. Hoping to this weekend. Wanted to get these out of the way first.

Sharp 470nm 55mW Blue Laser Diode

Sharp 505nm 35mW Green Laser Diode

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Yea I also got the Sharp 700mW 638nm in as well but have not had time to put up a listing page on it or test it yet. Hoping to this weekend. Wanted to get these out of the way first.

That's good news! Waiting for the results! If better than the P73 i'm in some pieces.

Nice to see some higher wavelength blue. What about the Osram PLT5 488 ? Not available yet?

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

DTR, thanks for the fast shipping on the m462's

Any tests on the Sharp 700mW 638 diode GH0637AA2G yet?

I'm using only the M462 diodes and i Can say those have one of the best raw beam profiles.
    I'm correcting them with "techhood" cyl lens (for red diodes !~34mm distance between lens ) and the divergence is less than 0.4mRad with "techood G2" lens.Most problem is need to decrease this divergence for matching the red beam profile(0.9-1mRad)
    A single M462 diode' power is more than enough for a dual P73 RED

Quote Originally Posted by epyn View Post
    I'm using only the M462 diodes and i Can say those have one of the best raw beam profiles.
    I'm correcting them with "techhood" cyl lens (for red diodes !~34mm distance between lens ) and the divergence is less than 0.4mRad with "techood G2" lens.Most problem is need to decrease this divergence for matching the red beam profile(0.9-1mRad)
    A single M462 diode' power is more than enough for a dual P73 RED
    To increase divergence to 'match' M462 with reds you can place cyls pair closer to diode or go with a less magnification set pair. Another useful trick is to move a bit CX lens towards CV (focus before) while checking farfield spots, until getting same spot size than red.
    Farther the spot you look at=more accurate matching (20m or more). It is also useful to perform this trick while scanning simple polygon at low angle to adjust better both beams size ie optimising overlap.
    Last edited by jors; 07-13-2017 at 01:05.

Thanks for the tricks!
    i'm playing around with quite the similar tricks when my lasors are setting up
    The -multimode- REDs are always bogeyman to me since they have at least twice -corrected- divergence than Blue/Green
    I won't deal with red SM array....

Quote Originally Posted by epyn View Post
    Thanks for the tricks!
    i'm playing around with quite the similar tricks when my lasors are setting up
    The -multimode- REDs are always bogeyman to me since they have at least twice -corrected- divergence than Blue/Green
    I won't deal with red SM array....
    Yeah, with current diodes you always get fatter red beams if you match RGB divergences (MM reds require more expansion). But these 'extra' few mm of red beam vs G/B (around 2mm) are negligible after several meters, once all spots are bigger due divergence. For 1mrad this is about 5mm P73 red and 3mm 1W 520 required expansion.
    Its a common mistake to match RGB beam sizes while bypassing divergence calculations, providing good beam overlap but only a few meters from projector. So Horrible overlap at more distance. Show is not intended to look at say...2m from PJ isn't it?
    Not matching divergence example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 20.48.14.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	52570
    Above example could be a nice yellow beam if well matched R/G divergence.
    With SM array you also get fatter red beams on medium to high RGB power systems...I'm referring with good beam of course, not those 1.5mrad or more
    (sorry off topic)
    Last edited by jors; 07-13-2017 at 23:14.
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    DTR, thanks for the fast shipping on the m462's

Any tests on the Sharp 700mW 638 diode GH0637AA2G yet?
    I have been slammed and have one mounted ready to do a power test I just need to find a minute to get it done. I have taken a quick look at the beam and the output divergence is similar to the Mitsu 500mW and Oclaro 700mW.
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...des-gh0637aa2g