Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 58646566676869 LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

We need fiber laser red. Can't be that expensive to make a few watts. Even if it's freq doubled it has to be doable. 2 watts in 2mm beam under 1mrad full angle

Imagine a single fiber with three sections for perfect overlap like a gas laser all in the same coil. No optics. Could even add yellow. Now that would be the final design. Thinking to add the fibers same way you couple in diode pump sources. Beyond me but I like the idea. Need to get the projector people to make it for video source. 640/590/530/465/445. Yea now that's a source.

http://www.laserfocusworld.com/artic...e-visible.html
    Last edited by kecked; 07-15-2017 at 03:35.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I have been slammed and have one mounted ready to do a power test I just need to find a minute to get it done. I have taken a quick look at the beam and the output divergence is similar to the Mitsu 500mW and Oclaro 700mW.
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...des-gh0637aa2g

CRAP....Another "Fashlight" that needs severe correction....Do they not know....we have waited....patiently....for YEARS....at least gimme a watt....NOT overdriven !!!

Kecked....perhaps a Fibre Optics solution is a way to go !! ?? Dunno....I DO know that fibre bundle Coherent input is extremely position demanding...= $$$$

Sigh !!!

Beam Out !
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

http://sintecoptronics.com/FiberLaserVisible.asp They exist. Cost unknown.
    5mrad....not good

I still find it interesting that the price/mw in the "argon" range has fluctuated wildly in the past 20 years. The price/mw for red has fluctuated too but nothing like it has for the green/blue range. Way back when, it was either HeNe or Krypton or exotic dye laser; cheap low power or expensive high power. Argons were always expensive in comparison and outside of *very low* power HeNe's, there was no such thing as cheap green. Now, blue and green are just cheap all around and red is still: cheap "low power" or expensive (optical train, SHG, OPSL) high power. It's very interesting.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

55mW 473nm sharp laser diode: OUT OF STOCK! What is this madness, Jordan? Will you be getting any new diodes or was this only a small run?

Hey folks,

I just took some time to look at the new 505nm and 473nm diodes that I got last month and took some measurements. I included my findings in the first post in this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...745#post306745

I didn't compare the 505nm diode against a 520nm, but I think I recall most of these being closer to 510nm so I wouldn't expect much of a difference. I only pushed mine to 100mw with a G2 lens without being at the top of the curve and it held steady throughout testing. Additional testing would be required to see if it gets damaged over time. It tends to correct about as well as the other 520nm single mode diodes we've seen.

The "473nm" is a really pretty color. Again, not accurate to the wavelength claim as I recall. It corrects really well and made it to 148mw before it started dropping off. Again, we'd need some real world testing to see how it holds up over time.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

any news on the 473nm diodes? anymore coming? how different looking are they than the 462nm diodes?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    any news on the 473nm diodes? anymore coming? how different looking are they than the 462nm diodes?
    I am also keen to know this. Unfortunately, I missed that train and would loved to get my hands on some of these. I absolutely love the color of 470ish lasers. My 473nm DPSS was gorgeous. Too bad it suffered from the typical DPSS malady... Poor modulation stability. Not to mention the cost.

Yeah, I've still got a 473nm DPSS sitting around myself. The beam specs on those suckers are great, but DPSS certainly has its drawbacks including being really large just to get to ~150mw.

The 473nm diodes (whatever they really are) are certainly more practical for about the same power as my old DPSS. Unfortunately I only bought one, but I would buy more if another lot came up for sale. In my case, I've decided to use my one for graphics on a wall that is treated with glow in the dark paint. This paint will glow when hit with 450nm (albeit not anywhere near as well as it does with 405nm), so I think using 473nm instead will allow me to do RGB graphics on the walls without leaving any glowing trails.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

How different are the 465/462 diodes to 473? Set would be 660 638 520 465/462 445 dropping 405. Can’t focus my eye on it.