Thread: Laserbugs from 300EVIL

Default Laserbugs from 300EVIL

i got some of these from adam and must say these things are very, very nice. the pcb's are very professional looking and considering they were hand soldered, it looks as if they were assembled by a machine. i got quite a few from him and each one was soldered perfectly. all in all the 'bugs are perfect for what they're made for and look great as well. i cant wait until i can actually put a few of them to use. if your a DIYer and blow diodes every now and then then these are perfect. it allows for fairly quick diode changes so you dont miss a beat! im running a bit short on time but ill upload some macros later to give some good close-ups of this awesome product! thanks again adam! great job!
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew2505 View Post
    i got some of these from adam and must say these things are very, very nice. the pcb's are very professional looking and considering they were hand soldered, it looks as if they were assembled by a machine. i got quite a few from him and each one was soldered perfectly. all in all the 'bugs are perfect for what they're made for and look great as well. i cant wait until i can actually put a few of them to use. if your a DIYer and blow diodes every now and then then these are perfect. it allows for fairly quick diode changes so you dont miss a beat! im running a bit short on time but ill upload some macros later to give some good close-ups of this awesome product! thanks again adam! great job!
    Hey Drew!
    Thanks for the excellent writeup. I take pride in every component I sell and make sure it is quality before it leaves. I have a little bit of an OCD when it comes to soldering components and make sure they are all straight and have a well formed joint. Hey, it's important when you want to pass up to 2A through a diode.
    Thanks Again!
    Adam

the pics didnt come out quite as well as i wanted but daylight is the best for taking photos and its almost 11pm here i only took pics of one with a red lasorb. the only difference in the red and blue(besides the lasorb) is the use of a .53ohm 1W resistor so i didnt think it was necessary to take pics of both. they do come with the flying leads with an adapter on the end to hook to the 'bugs. the other end would hook directly up to the driver unless your kipkay.. pun intended :/

Last edited by ndrew2505; 05-06-2011 at 20:01.
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Mmmmm. Nice. They look particularly EVIL (tm).
    Why is the resistor needed and for which (red or blue)?
    This space for rent.

Dnar, the resistor is optional. It is just there if you want to wire some diodes parallel.

Chad.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Dnar, the resistor is optional. It is just there if you want to wire some diodes parallel.

Chad.
    Cool. Thanks.

Goofy, Micky, Pluto, hell, I don't have time to enter 15 characters...
    This space for rent.