Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kvant 1W 637nm - Ooh yeah baby!!!

Wink

Just admit it; you ordered it by mistake and are too embarrassed to send it back. Why don't you mail it to me and I put it with all my... unused lasers so it has friends. After some beamshots for everyone else here.

well, just writing to let aaron know that i have cleared up about an acre of ex-wasteland, so i can now store the part of other peoples' unwanted lasers that is unwanted by him

patience norty, patience..... i'd hate to be in your position rite now
    "its called character briggs..."

Norty, if you find yourself desperate for a top quality PSU ( 12V @ 13A ) if your replacement doesnt arrive in time let me know as I have a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    In short - its not!

I had it running about 30mins and then the PSU blew (my choice of PSU, not one supplied by Kvant)

As I have already pre-drilled holes in the case and a reasonably tight fit, I want an identical replacement (I think I just got unlucky with this one) but it has to come from Hong Kong, so I've got about another week or so to wait for it. It's a 10A one that runs both my 637 and my 445.

I ordered a spare too - just in case....

I have an outdoor job the weekend after next where I'm hoping to have this running for, and hopefully my new bigger Laserwave 532 will have arrived then too, so I expect the first pics you'll see of it will be that gig if its running. The site is in a sort of natural bowl, so I can project on the hillside, plus I'll also be able to get right in/above the beams for some vids/pics. It should also mean that the fog and fans should have an easier time of controlling the atmosphere.
    Arrrh Nuts!

Bet you added a few new words to your dictionary

I can't help feeling like an annoying barking dog jumping up to see what's over the fence

Oh boy oh boy, I just know he's got something real tasty in his workshop next door.

Good luck second time round.

Woof woof!

@Dilbert - have you got the dimensions of the PSU? I might just have it off you if it looks suitable anyway.

To be honest, I'm not in a particularly big hurry to get this running, I really want to do it 'right' as this is my 'Premier' projector and I want it to be 'proper'. I'm already a bit upset at having to redrill the baseplate to move some stuff around but I guess its all hidden anyway.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

w00t!! (do people still do that?)

PSU's arrived today.

Still no new green, but I can start with moving the modules as it is the same dimwensions as my smaller heads from Laserwave.

Only problem is, this weekend on the telly is 24hr+ coverage of the Le Mans 24 hour car race, World Superbikes from Misano and Motogp from Silverstone, and I have cider, perry and Stella all freshly chilled by the couch, and the missus and nipper away in Denmark.....

They don't make it easy for us men folk.

Maybe I can set up a workbench by the sofa or something
    Frikkin Lasers

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    w00t!! (do people still do that?)

PSU's arrived today.

Still no new green, but I can start with moving the modules as it is the same dimwensions as my smaller heads from Laserwave.

Only problem is, this weekend on the telly is 24hr+ coverage of the Le Mans 24 hour car race, World Superbikes from Misano and Motogp from Silverstone, and I have cider, perry and Stella all freshly chilled by the couch, and the missus and nipper away in Denmark.....

They don't make it easy for us men folk.

Maybe I can set up a workbench by the sofa or something

WHAT!!!? Are you trying to say that you'd rather watch 24 hours of car racing instead of work on lasers??? Pull yourself together man and get yer priorities straight. You can get all the race highlights from ESPN; grab some tools and jump into that laser case!!! OR... mail that beasty over here across the pond where it will be treated with the love and appreciation it deserves.

Highlights don't cut it I'm afraid - I'm not a particularly big car racing fan but there's something about going through the night with them live, seeing the pitstop action, sort of like a long cricket match (if you like cricket, I don't but assume it must be similar...)

I can see I'm going to have to get some pics, just to keep you going.

The beam stacking at low power is very visible, and very pretty actually, I'll get a macro shot of that too
    Frikkin Lasers

Come on Norty!
    Spit out pictures of your new 1W red baby in action, please!
    Tell us your impression about it, especially about divergence when long projection distance.

We all are so looking forward !
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Wink

We want to see it lazing outside of the projector...