Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slightly disappointed in Laserwave

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Maybe, but I would rather turn a hex screw 1/8 turn to adjust than mess with shims. I dunno... xy adjustment seems to be a better long term solution.
    ya while I agree 100% with that, the modules really were not designed to be "user serviceable" so the problem is less of, the adjustments provided suck, and more of a, why did it lose alignment to begin with if its not user serviceable... more of a manufacturing/design issue of reliability than "repair-ability"

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ya while I agree 100% with that, the modules really were not designed to be "user serviceable" so the problem is less of, the adjustments provided suck, and more of a, why did it lose alignment to begin with if its not user serviceable... more of a manufacturing/design issue of reliability than "repair-ability"
    Very true! This is why I am slightly disappointed in LW. If there is one thing I have learned from lasers over the years, when you are playing with more than one beam... something will shift. Maybe I haven't seen some of the really high end stuff in action, but I have yet to see a multi-beam device stay perfectly aligned. Oh well, it should be an easy fix. With red diodes being around the longest, for the price of these, I would have thought them to be more rock solid. Such is life...
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Very true! This is why I am slightly disappointed in LW. If there is one thing I have learned from lasers over the years, when you are playing with more than one beam... something will shift. Maybe I haven't seen some of the really high end stuff in action, but I have yet to see a multi-beam device stay perfectly aligned. Oh well, it should be an easy fix. With red diodes being around the longest, for the price of these, I would have thought them to be more rock solid. Such is life...
    well in all fairness I think those 642nm modules were the first multi-red diode modules laserwave made... and while a lot of companies have been doing the whole multi-laser diode module thing for a while, most of the companies we deal with are fairly new to it...

your basically trading the flashlight beam specs of 655/635 for the inevitability of misalignment for 642/637

Aha, I knew I'd find it.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...=laserwave+red

Basically, Bridge is saying he'll repair free of charge for you, and if you don't want to send it back, he'll do you some discount on next purchase.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Oh Cool! Actually, I think I am going to keep it and perform the mod anyway. That way, if it does happen again, I will be able to fix-er-up fast. Thanks for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Aha, I knew I'd find it.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...=laserwave+red

Basically, Bridge is saying he'll repair free of charge for you, and if you don't want to send it back, he'll do you some discount on next purchase.
    Thanks for joining these threads Norty, this could be really useful for anyone wading through the threads trying to find the info in question.

Cheers

Default Sent mine back top Bridge for repair...all good

I sent my 640nm@400mW back to Bridge/LW. Fixed double beam problem at no charge! They remounted the LD's into a new slightly wider case with the same mounting bolt pattern as the smaller case. There is now a very small round opening to allow for exernal X-Y adjustment by the end user. Beam is back to perfect.

After my learning curve with the 445nm ZQuad ( nearing completion)...I am now on to considering building my own multi-diode using 637's. Only problem is that I do not think I can affort to acheive a white balance with 5W of 445nm !!! I have not done the chroma balance math yet. Roughly what... 10W of Red ??? Yikes...50 @200mW each = 10W !!Yea right !!!!This hobby NEVER stops sucking $$$$$... Perhaps the ZQuad will remain a single colour coupled to a DT-40 Wide...dedicated to throwing alot of beam power at the 445 line !!

CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-20-2011 at 13:58. Reason: Added data
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

5W of 637 would be fine I reckon for 5W of 445
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Speaking of which.... Anyone know the price of the 637nm cans? Are they the same/less/more than 642nm cans?

Default CONTACT with a little heaven @ 637

The price from Franseco ( here on PL ) for the HL63133 is 120 euro each + shipping and paypal....which is about $ 170.00 each USD....So even at a 1:1:1 RGB ratio....mmmm??? 25 x $ 170.00 =$ 4250.00 As the unfortunate lasered cat would say..." MEEEOWEEEEEE " And yes....One could just keep it 445 heavy for a beam show....and NOT have a balance available at full out....BUT...from a classic SF movie...." That seems like a pretty big waste of space " !!!

CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !