Thread: A small driver or two, like flexdrive small.

Default A small driver or two, like flexdrive small.

I need a small driver for this host I'm working with right now, and if possible, set to 380mA. I need it for a red build in a host that's case negative (will a red build work witha case negative?) I bought it awhile ago, and could never get it working with an 803T build. ANYWHO! I'm trying again, and I need a a small drive.

Also, I'm new to dealing with hosts with only 1 lead wire (again, I failed last time, but this is a great host for a red laser) could I get some tips from anyone? Keep it to PM's so that we don't derail this thread too much.

Many thanks!
    ~Sean.

Lightbulb

Why keep it in PM... A lot of us are looking for drivers and we all like tips for building lasers.

I saw a driver on eBay last night from Ultralasers that may work. I am on the iPad so I don't have the link handy. It went up to 800mA and has a TEC controller. Only issue I saw was it only modulated to 20k analog... And it is $70...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I didn't want this to turn into a "how to build a better laser" thread, but you bring up a good point.

That's more than I'm willing to pay... :/ Thanks though

If you need a driver Andythemechanic does a groupbuy at LPF. Also when it needs to be a dpss driver instead of a highside one let me know either. I have a few left

A driver for a pointer.

I was banned at LPF a long time ago because TJ kept giving me flak, and I'd retaliate, and get in trouble for it.

What is the diode? I am thinking it may be a LOC or an opnext diode based on the current you want to run it.

Would need to know if it is it LD/Case positive or LD/Case negative?

Also what voltage is your power source? Are you using batteries or a fixed power supply like a wallwart?

I'm using 1x 3.7V 16340 battery. I'd be using either an LPC-815, or an LPC-826. I'm thinking of using the rkcstr driver I have, setting it to 35mA, and using the 5mW 635 diode I have. All ifs though.

EDIT: I also have an SMOC red that I could use, but I don't have anything to house a 3.6 :/