Thread: What to do with these?

Default What to do with these?

I got these two from my laserworld piece of junk that is not working properly anymore.

The green laser just did not light up anymore, mirrors stopped working and the only thing that actually worked was the red diode.

So, I want to first power those up with a driver. If I remember correctly the red is 100mW and green 50mW? I need a driver that would work if I later decide to buy some DT40's. Then how do you interface those, soundcard DAC? That, a power supply and a dichomatic(?) mirror and I'm all set? I'd appreciate some help, I've been around for a while reading but I'm split between all the possible options.

Can I do anything with those galvo's? Like very basic stuff like they used to do?

Thanks,

Mathieu

Lightbulb

I think the greeny you have is a "big dipper". I bought one from Aixiz lasers on eBay back in e day and used a die4drive to change it to analog. You should be able to use something similar to power both the green and red, or make sure they work. I would look at all the wiring of your projector before trying new drivers though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Those green lasers will do way more than 50mW. I had one kicking out 184mW at one point. They have a 0.5W pump diode in them, so you can run them at 500-600mA OR put a 1W pump into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    Those green lasers will do way more than 50mW. I had one kicking out 184mW at one point. They have a 0.5W pump diode in them, so you can run them at 500-600mA OR put a 1W pump into it.
    Do they frequently burn out? Can I use the red LD to test it? Or What mA do I have to run them?

Tryed on red LD nothing, the green driver seems okay too, one broken solder that I repaired but no light coming out of it. If the diode is dead can I just replace the diode itself?

Quote Originally Posted by m4007 View Post
    Do they frequently burn out? Can I use the red LD to test it? Or What mA do I have to run them?

Tryed on red LD nothing, the green driver seems okay too, one broken solder that I repaired but no light coming out of it. If the diode is dead can I just replace the diode itself?
    The green should be good for 500-600mA. Not sure about the red. The green driver might not drive the red to full power, but the red one will probably drive the green.