Thread: Meierlight green 400mw

Default Meierlight green 400mw

Purchased off of ebay.. Didn't expect wonderful results, but just was toying around with it since they are fairly cheap.

Anyhow, got it today, hooked it up to my FB3... The light that comes out is nowhere near 400mw. I'd be shocked if it were 4mw. And even when it's fully 'on' (5v trigger) it seems 'pulsed' (aka, if I move my hand quickly front to back its dots, not a line)

Am I missing something? Or did I get a dud and need to return, anyone else play with these things?

Question

Is there anyway you can hook a regular 5volt PSU up to the blanking leads to be sure; or is there a driver setting for constant wave mode? If you can do one of these that should help verify if there is a problem. It does sound like there is a problem but it could be in the way it is hooked up tot he FB3 or the FB3 settings. If you get the same results with a 5volt PSU hooked up I'd say it is an RMA canidate.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yea, I have a 5v PSU, I'll hook it up to that and give it a try and confirm with a Multi. Im kinda bummed. I wasn't expecting greatness, but I wasn't expecting a walmart laserpointer either. We'll see.

I bought 2 300mw TTL from Meierlight. Connected to a PTITRUST show card (budget!) All good! I have no meter but they look bright

I got a 500mW green from meierlight... its a DHOM... does 480mW