Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALC-60x

Default ALC-60x

Hello all.

I have my ALC-60X that I no longer use, and do not wish to see it go to waste. Open to any trades, or sale.

I just want a simple RGB projector. Going to try and build one. But that is my interest now.

The laser is in the Xerox case, with a new cooling fan and duct. (no toner) the case was new/old stock. Also, the laser tube is new from Evergreen lasers, same with the optics. The tag from evergreen is 160mw at 9amps. Multi-line optics. Also the starter card is new from evergreen. I have a power cord, and a old very old, dead power supply.

Laser has less then 10 hours on it. I wrote down the hour meter in the case. It was used so I just wrote down the number on the case when I got it from evergreen. It was my baby, so I used a filter to collect dust on the input of the case and allowed it to cool down before I removed power.

I am done with gas lasers. Personal reasons.

Not sure what the laser is worth, now that DPSS is the rage. I know I paid alot for this setup back in the day. But times have passed. So are there any gas laser guys left?

Here are some photos. Sorry for the bad quality. But they were taken with my phone. The ones of the laser in action. Are taken with a old HP photosmart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000380.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	25102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000361a.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	25103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110314_144722.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	25104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110314_143844.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	25105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110314_143900.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	25106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110314_145208.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	25107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110314_145218.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	25108

Question

I am personally not interested but for others that may be can you edit your profile to show you location? So we can get a better idea about shipping cost.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Sure that would help....

Reno/Sparks Nevada.

Ok, going to profile now.

Looks like an Omni 532 tube and start-up board in an ALC head. You can tell from the heatshink. The ALC tubes had round heatsinks brazed to the tube (Steve can correct me if I am wrong). The Omni's had a two-piece heat-sink like the one above. 160mW @ 9 amps.... NICE. Someone here is gonna get a sweet ion! Wish I had the room for an ion and a PCAOM .

EDIT: A new style starter board... I just saw description. Would help if I read the post fully!
    Last edited by absolom7691; 05-20-2011 at 17:57.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Looks like an Omni 532 tube and start-up board in an ALC head. You can tell from the heatshink. The ALC tubes had round heatsinks brazed to the tube (Steve can correct me if I am wrong).
    If it is. Hey it works good. Wish I knew all the details about how it works. The power supply have been faulty from day one. I have had to replace the output transistors twice. If I could run a Omni supply Sweet beans. I have been looking for a gold box, or other supply for awhile now. The price has been out of my reach. (family & kids etc)

The supply I have was given to me. It looks like it has been thru a flood. Why I said it was dead in the first post.

This was my first big laser. It has such a beautiful blue beam. But with Family and little kids. I need small compact and low voltage around.

I am in Nevada. I have not found many laser artist in town. Starting to think I am the only one, besides the few raver kids who try and blind each other.

What are you asking for it outright?

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    What are you asking for it outright?
    This is were it gets complicated.

What is a fair price that will be good for both? I know shipping this thing is going to cost a arm and leg. That box is BIG and heavy. I know I paid a lot for it. But are they like a used car? Do they hold there value?

That's hard to say. Guess it depends on what you have in it, what you want for it and it's value to you.

Couple years ago I got a really nice Lexel 95-4, working, doing ~4-5W for about 400-500 shipped (although some PL members really came through on getting it to me - thanks guys). Traded it to another member here (we both were happy on the deal) right about the 445's came out (which changed everything). Blue is a different game these days.

What are you asking?

How about,

300. plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    How about,

300. plus shipping.
    I just gave my ALC-60x head up earlier this year after years of neglect. If anybody on the west coast wants this, I *may* be driving up that way to NWLEM. I suspect it will be up I-5, but PhantomRage should come up to Portland with the head anyhow!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.