Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone bought from this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by DPSS View Post
    I have to say though, after receiving a quote of 790USD + 60USD shipping for a 1W DPSS green laser with 10kHz analog modulation, I'm finding it hard not to think like Youtakun.
    Is that 1W including IR or not including IR? I wonder?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Probably won't be able to find out 100% until you got one home and could test it yourself...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    That's a very good question. As I mentioned earlier, it seems to be a re-branded CNI MGL-H-532 laser module, so I guess It should be the same as whatever CNI sell. Still, I'll try asking about it and see which answer I get.

Domingo.

Ok, so I asked about the IR and the output is not filtered, but they affered to add one for 15 $ and sent me this:

Before the filter :G1000/ 1200-1400MW
    After the filter: G1000/ 1000-1100MW
    I tried contacting Justin at Pangolin about providing some kind of reference, but he is out untill the 8th of June so, following an automatic e-mail I received back, I contacted Paulo Auge and neither he or anyone he had asked there knew nothing about them, only that they are NOT an official Pangolin dealer. So unfortunately that hasn't got me very far. I'll drop Bill Benner a line and see if he can help.

xiaochuan:
    You say CNI is only your modulation supplier?? I don't understand, you did send me a complete CNI specs sheet, so am I suposed to believe all your module's specs and dimentions are exactly the same as a CNI but are not a CNI. I find that a bit hard to believe. Please clarify this for me.

Domingo.

Just a few quick words: They aren't a full pangolin dealer, but are a dealer for quickshow/fb3 (there is a difference). And they primarily use modules that come straight from CNI, or in the case of the 640nm's, LaserWave. And in regards to me not being on this forum too long so you can't entirely take my word for it. Suffice it to say I've been doing lasershows since the mid-80's, & have had my website online since 1999 about that & visuals: www.AudioVisualizers.com . If anyone wants to ask by phone as to my opinion of Lightspace, feel free to call me toll-free within North America: 1-888-LASER-DR. -David

PS: I've also recently put a lasershow pix/video gallery online documenting some of our recent shows with Crystal Castles & others, using our 1 watt RGB lightspace projector: http://laserguy.com/gallery/

Well, I finally decided not to buy from eightonlight anyway because the smallest driver they sell with their 1W green is the standard oem CNI which is just too big for me.
    I'm still not 100% convinced about them either though. One week has gone by since my last post in this thread without any answer from them, seems they haven't even bothered to come back and check. If I had a company and wanted to give a good impression to my possible customers I would be a careful with those little details. I haven't checked with Bill Benner as I won't be buying anyway, but If I'm interested in somethign they sell in the future I'll probably try and reach him then.
    Thanks to everyone for your input, specially to AudioVisualizers, it sounds and looks like you know quite well what you're doing with your lasers .

Domingo.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspacelily View Post
    First of all,i want to say sorry to you.In the last two weeks,our company was busy for the 2011 Beijing PALM.My colleague xiaochuan is the only one who deals with all the paperwork.Maybe in this case,she forgot to give you reply at the moment.
    I want to tell you that we don`t have the permission to do OEM on CNI laser diode.Our 1W 532 is pure CNI laser diode.
    Hope you have a nice talk with xiaochuan again.
    Thank you for your comprehension!
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaochuan View Post
    Dear Domingo,

I am a newcomer to the industry.Please Forgive me if I am wrong. I was too busy to reply the comment last week. But I have relied your email. Have you received that? As lily says,we don`t have the permission to do OEM on CNI laser diode.Our 1W 532 is pure CNI laser diode.If you don't believe what I said, you can ask CNI to confirm that.

Any question about our product, you can contact me directly. I will be glad to help you.

Yours sincerely,
    Mag

Dear Mag and lightspacelily,

I appreciate your apology. I have no hard feelings towards you, I was just voicing my opinion about your lack of a response to my last post, but if you were cought up with work I understand and I hope the 2011 PALM Expo has gone well for you. Maybe I was too quick to judge, although after reading both your posts in >this< thread I do think you should work a bit on the communication and coordination between workers inside your company. Other than that, I have to admit Mag did answer all my e-mails quickly and there was only a minor misunderstanding that was clearly caused by the language barrier.

Mag, I do believe what you say about the oem CNI, it's just a question of the driver you sell being too large for me.
    From what I've seen, your company seems to be legitimate and when I speak about contacting Bill Benner for references, it's just to be 100% sure.
    Best regards.

Domingo.

P.S. Mag, I did receive you e-mail and will reply as soon as I finish writing this post.

A PL user called Omar just offered me a 20k scanner that he copy/pasted directly from eightonlight.cn.
    Gear:
    660nm 220mW leadlight
    660nm 230mW lab
    660nm 250mW lab (COD)
    532nm 40mW from DX
    405nm 140mW pocket
    405nm 130mW pocket
    405nm 120mW lab
    405nm 15mW presentation pointer
    Magenta 25mW
    IR 135mW