Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is 'ban evasion'

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I sure everything will play out as a mistake...
    ...You know we luv ya, Hak...

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Please pass on our regards and well wishes. It'll be good to hear from him once he has everything in control...
    U bet... I tried to 'console' him with a couple of 'Irish Car Bombs' last nite (..dang, those things are yummy... but he's too smart for that ...
    I'm sure he'll be back-around soon...

peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...You know we luv ya, Hak...

U bet... I tried to 'console' him with a couple of 'Irish Car Bombs' last nite (..dang, those things are yummy... but he's too smart for that ...
    I'm sure he'll be back-around soon...

peas..
    j
    Irish Car Bombs? Sounds interesting. Does this involve my favorite liquor, Jameson Irish Whiskey?
    This space for rent.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Irish Car Bombs? Sounds interesting. Does this involve my favorite liquor, Jameson Irish Whiskey?
    Holy Cats! you don't know the magical choco-love / liquid ss-kicker that is an 'ICB'??

OK, So, get 1 nicely chilled pint glass, preferably with 'smooth sides' (for easier gulping , filled, ~ 1/2 - 5/8's with (preferably) cold, but not *too* cold, nice frothy Guinness... draught in glass, is-best, but the 'tall cans' will do, in a pinch...

Then, in (preferably) a 1 1/2-shot shot-glass, fill with 1/2 Baileys, (preferably first..) and 1/2 - yep - Jamesons, let 'settle'...

Then, prepare your favorite 'arm-chair' / rocker / sofa / bed, etc (...cause those are nicer than the floor, mind you... take the pint of Guinny in one hand, and the shot-glass in the other, and... *ka-ploonk*, drop 'er into the pint! At this point, it will quickly 'curdle', and begin to look like cat-yack but don't worry, you'll be fine...

Now, *most importantly*, drink it down to the bottom, in one fell-swoop. (...but take care not to chip a tooth with the shot-glass.. Important to get the proper 'progression', from 'bitter Guinny-start', moving on into the warming Jameson-rush, then, the all-important, Baileys-mixed-with Guinny lip-smacking 'choco-love finish'... Buuuuuurp!

Repeat. (...but not more than 3-4x, or...well, remember what I said about 'cat yack'?

(Disclaimer: Not-responsible for 'trading one vice for another' - if you kick the rollies, only to get hooked on 'ICBs', you didn't get this recipe from me, we didn't have this conversation, I don't know you...

njoy...
    cheers.
    j

Holy Cats! you don't know the magical choco-love / liquid ss-kicker that is an 'ICB'??

OK, So, get 1 nicely chilled pint glass, preferably with 'smooth sides' (for easier gulping , filled, ~ 1/2 - 5/8's with (preferably) cold, but not *too* cold, nice frothy Guinness... draught in glass, is-best, but the 'tall cans' will do, in a pinch...

Then, in (preferably) a 1 1/2-shot shot-glass, fill with 1/2 Baileys, (preferably first..) and 1/2 - yep - Jamesons, let 'settle'...

Then, prepare your favorite 'arm-chair' / rocker / sofa / bed, etc (...cause those are nicer than the floor, mind you... take the pint of Guinny in one hand, and the shot-glass in the other, and... *ka-ploonk*, drop 'er into the pint! At this point, it will quickly 'curdle', and begin to look like cat-yack but don't worry, you'll be fine...

Now, *most importantly*, drink it down to the bottom, in one fell-swoop. (...but take care not to chip a tooth with the shot-glass.. Important to get the proper 'progression', from 'bitter Guinny-start', moving on into the warming Jameson-rush, then, the all-important, Baileys-mixed-with Guinny lip-smacking 'choco-love finish'... Buuuuuurp!

Repeat. (...but not more than 3-4x, or...well, remember what I said about 'cat yack'?

(Disclaimer: Not-responsible for 'trading one vice for another' - if you kick the rollies, only to get hooked on 'ICBs', you didn't get this recipe from me, we didn't have this conversation, I don't know you...

njoy...
    cheers.
    j
    Wow, that sounds amazing. I used to drink Guinness, but it made me look like a barrel!!!! I will have try this out. Thanks! Who ever you are
    This space for rent.

Sorry guys I did not mean to stir up the so much drama.

I had emailed via the contact us link two days in a row and then sent a few messages to some of my friends that are members here to see if they could figure out what had happened. I certainly understand the mods needing to review the info and they have to find the time to do so. I don't feel anyone owes me anything. I have been signed up for a while and only became active recently when I posted some info on the M140 I extracted diodes from. I enjoy this hobby and I really like to build things. Hopefully I can be an asset to this community.

What I meant by "who I am" is referring to projects/tutorials I had done in the past elsewhere that have kind of become what people know me for and is not the core of this forum.

As for the sales thread I posted here thinking I was filling a gap as I saw a few buying threads in the BST for diodes with out any responses. I am happy to delete it if anyone thinks I just came here just to peddle stuff. I try to do right by people and my hope was that it would be a benefit to this community.

In the end I do appreciate the mods taking a look at my situation and correcting the error.

Thumbs up Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    In the end I do appreciate the mods taking a look at my situation and correcting the error.
    No problems main; just remember, there are no mods. Spec, aka Admin, is the only admin/moderator here. Otherwise we are self moderated, meaning if we have a problem, we bitch to spec and he deals the clue by four as he feels needed. This may slow things down sometimes but usually makes sure there is no abuse of power. We enjoy a dictatorship in these here parts. As I mentioned above, this is the first error I have seen in the... damn... 4 and a half years I have been lurking here. It HAS been that LONG!!?

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

he had it down to "/24"
    Just my 10 Cents here..

/24 is a IP addressing block. (Subnet)

In a /24 there are 253 usable addresses.

Abuser was one one of those addresses, leaving 252 possible other addresses. (This assumes the ISP in question is actually using /24 blocks for enduser assignment.. I'd think the block would be larger)

If the two people in question live in the same city, and use the same IP, it's entirely possible their IP's landed in the same subnet.

Please understand, I'm not trying to throw fuel on the fire here, but from a Network Professional® point of view it doesn't cut it.

Now, if they'd been from the same MAC address, well that's different!

However, this is where the "Social Engineering" (want of a better word )comes into it, if said account from same subnet yet different IP starts to behave in the same mannor on the forums, then either there is something in the water in that city that makes people behave this way, or it's the same person. Process of elimination my dear Watson.

Just want to add that I do appriciate the work that Spec does, I do understand how hard it can be to differentiate between users and I can see how down to a /24 would have been good enough, hell I've blocked entire countries on an ISP's network because I was having issues with one person.. but thats another story.

If the ban is removed and that person chooses not to return because of initial ban and cannot feel empaty for the situation, or understand "we are only human" and "mistakes happen" then afaiac they are an a$$hat. (whatever that is.. a pair of Y fronts ?? nahh thats more than a hat, more like a a$$coat)

All the best.

Nige.
    Last edited by gashead; 05-27-2011 at 06:07. Reason: typos, random paragraphs of unorganised kak.

the chances of two different people coming from the same IP are slim unless they are at a college, or are on an ISP that uses a proxy (which I don't think I know of any that still do)

Thumbs up

Hey DTR...

...and sorry if anybody (...like me ) was a bitch... Good to have you aboard...

Yo Nige...

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    I'm not trying to throw fuel on the fire here, but from a Network Professional® point of view it doesn't cut it.
    ...buut, there is no fire, man... it's out! Here, have 'a smiley', on-me:

cheers...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 05-28-2011 at 11:36. Reason: SWI (spelling while intoxicated... :)

I had emailed via the contact us link two days in a row and then sent a few messages to some of my friends that are members here to see if they could figure out what had happened. I certainly understand the mods needing to review the info and they have to find the time to do so. I don't feel anyone owes me anything. I have been signed up for a while and only became active recently when I posted some info on the M140 I extracted diodes from. I enjoy this hobby and I really like to build things. Hopefully I can be an asset to this community.

What I meant by "who I am" is referring to projects/tutorials I had done in the past elsewhere that have kind of become what people know me for and is not the core of this forum.

As for the sales thread I posted here thinking I was filling a gap as I saw a few buying threads in the BST for diodes with out any responses. I am happy to delete it if anyone thinks I just came here just to peddle stuff. I try to do right by people and my hope was that it would be a benefit to this community.

Nice to see you back here... I knew it was just a mistake...

BTW... I think hak is EF...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions