Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is 'ban evasion'

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    From what I can tell, DTR is not Elektrofreak.
    You are spot on. I know both of them, they are not the same person!
    This space for rent.

RE: EF = Lased - welp, like a wise-old laser-hobbiest once said: 'mixed-gas, dichroic-glass, or forum-class, no one rides for free'...
    (...oh yeah, and that little part about not being an @$$hat...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Mike View Post
    I just did not like it if I had been banned for who I am.
    '...banned for who I am'? Hmm, interesting word-choice...Freudian slip?? I'll be seeing Seņor Admin later tonite, so for some strange-reason, I'll pass it on to him DTR has-petitioned to re-investigate (though, I have to say, our Janitor is certainly 'no slouch' when it comes to IT-tech / methods for determining stuff like this...
    no he's not the 'NSA', but probably pretty-close...

But he's going thru some personal-issues, right now, so, it might be a day or so, before he is willing / able to respond... I think we can all survive a day or so w/o yet-another 445-module hawker, yes?

peace, out...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    I'll be seeing Seņor Admin later tonite....But he's going thru some personal-issues, right now
    Please pass on our regards and well wishes. It'll be good to hear from him once he has everything in control...
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The user in question "DTR" was found out to be Elektrofreak, and conversely he had another account here by the name of "Lased"
    did you check to see if they are the same IP/ISP? you can look that up on ARIN

anyway, on the board I mod multiple accounts = ban all accounts... returning bans = ban

but we have an automated system for checking that

I've had coms between both EF and DTR is the past...
    and they are not the same person...In my opinion..

Just in their PM and E-Mail messages it is obvious to me
    that they are 2 separate individuals with different mind sets..

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Default I am EF

no Jerry is EF

DUH!! I see a huge FACEPALM coming!!

sad thing is you just lost a potentially killer member-with incredible skillz and much nicer/helpful than many here-- I convinced jordan to join PL and move on from toy lasers to the real deal- I am leaving PL if nothing is done to correct this BIG mistake-- but I am not sure just un-banning DTR will get him back.

hak

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    no Jerry is EF

DUH!! I see a huge FACEPALM coming!!

sad thing is you just lost a potentially killer member-with incredible skillz and much nicer/helpful than many here-- I convinced jordan to join PL and move on from toy lasers to the real deal- I am leaving PL if nothing is done to correct this BIG mistake-- but I am not sure just un-banning DTR will get him back.

hak
    hak, I take slight offence to two parts of your statement, not enough to not help in the kitchen at SELEM, but a lil.

"much nicer/helpful than many here.."

What are you trying to indicate? Who hasn't been nice or unhelpful. As far as I have seen almost every member here has tried to be helpful to almsot anyone (spammers and trolls excluded) and it takes a lot for any of us to be less than nice. From what I hear, it can get kinda nasty on LPF. Not that LPF doesn't have some very knowledgeable members; I have looked at several respectable threads when I search the wider internet for things. I don't have the attention span to hang out on two forums about the same thing... I don't have the attention span to even hang out on another forum at all, no matter what it is about.

"I am leaving PL if nothing is done to correct this BIG mistake".

You'd really leave over this... People make mistakes; I don't think this is that big of one especially with EF's past. It seems a small mistake if all the evidence indicated even a 75% chance DTR was EF. Even if it is 100% wrong, this would be the first time I am aware of someone being banned wrongfully. It isn't like there is a group of moderators here; it is ALL Spec, by himself. He doesn't want other people having to worry about moderating officially, probably to avoid the drama that seems to occur at forums like LPF. While this would probably make a wrongful ban less likely, at least for this reason, I bet more wrongful bans happen at LPF beacuse there is more official moderation. Again, this is the first I have seen possibly occur here. I won't pass judgement until Spec posts that it was a mistake as I got no evidence in front of me either way... as it should be.

Again, it is ALL Spec, by himself; and his reality hasn't been all that enviable lately which should give him an excuse to make a mistake or three. I believe he has been batting close to 1.000 for this long. 1.000 = a thousand right?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Lightbulb Prescription: Chill-Pill...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    did you check to see if they are the same IP/ISP?
    Do you honestly think our Admin would act if he hadn't? I really don't think any-further 'proof' of his ample 'fairness' and levelheadedness / balanced-decisions is needed around here, but, from what I was told, he had it down to "/24", which is pretty-darn close to being 'the one', as I understand. Again, he ain't the friggin NSA, and I'm sure he'll 'right any wrongs', in this case... word...

Hak -

I am leaving PL if nothing is done to correct this BIG mistake-- but I am not sure just un-banning DTR will get him back.
    Sorry, what part-of "...he's going thru some personal-issues, right now, so, it might be a day or so, before he is willing / able to respond..." was unclear?? If it's that 'OMG-critical' for the guy, my suggestion to 'DTR' would be to simply email Spec <spec AT specwhore DOT com>, directly, like a big-boy, and ask him to 'fix, please...' Has he tried that?

But if DTR is unwilling to communicate / get huffy about a totally-unmalignant *mistake*, and afford Spec the patience to get back here / attend to this, on his OWN timeframe, then I'd submit he's free to leave... Spec doesn't 'owe' DTR (or anyone here, for that matter) jack-spittle, and I certainly don't think PL needs any new 'primadonnas' around here, that can't 'take it', when something goes up in flames... heck, I even got my ss mowed, in public here, recently, and even though I felt 'here' was not the 'appropriate-place' for it (imo, should have-been PMs / email) I'm not going around bashing the guy that did it / the PL-community at-large / threatening to leave, etc...

But that's just my opin... You're free to consider / flush as you / DTR see-fit...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I was upset as I had vouched for the guy and I know him and that he is not EF. I took that personal and that was a mistake on my part. sorry- I sure everything will play out as a another mistake by accident. I also should have been more mindful of Spec's current situation and I apologize for doing that. hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 07-05-2011 at 13:46.

Thumbs up

I was upset as I had vouched for the guy and I know him and that he is not Ef. I took that personal and that was a mistake- I sure everything will play out as a another mistake by accident. I also should have been more mindful of Spec current situation and I aplogize for doing that. hak

No lets go be mean to this spammer who just arrived... (One of my definitions of a spammer is a sales rep from a company who only joined to sell something.)