Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is 'ban evasion'

Default what exactly is 'ban evasion'

We all practise 'ban advoidence' ie try to not do something that would violate the TOS or otherwise get us banned, but in my tiny mind evasion would mean coming back to a forum under a new name to evade a ban. Please set me straight--ty

also is the reason(s) for a member getting the 'club' not something that should be open to the public- otherwise it takes on the look of something done behind backs and closed doors.

my 2 cents-- plz dont ban me for asking

Ban evasion is exactly what you said - creating another identity / account in order to return to a forum you've been banned from.

I did that. I'm so bad.

The user in question "DTR" was found out to be Elektrofreak, and conversely he had another account here by the name of "Lased"

All these accounts were put in the industrial crusher sometime this morning.

EF was warned repeatedly, then banned for a short period of time. Then he was "cool" for a while and then went back to spewing the same old non productive vitriol as before and he was warned and then banned *again* for a not as short period of time. While this was in effect he registered a new user account by the name of lased and went back to being just as abrasive under the new handle.

New account, new drama... Tired of the poison and being told of the poor treatment in private to other members.

His full ban reason is " Ban evasion? That's a banning." - It was supposed to be a play on the phrase from the Simpsons "That's a paddling." implying punitive action will be taken.

As far as these things not being public... anyone who has been here long enough knows that I am extremely forgiving and believing that people *can* be civil and to assume that anyone can have a bad day or thirty-seven and will eventually come back to "ground" and ignore the vast majority of all ban requests - So when a ban eventually does get issued it's already a matter of public record to everyone involved and most times even further out of the core group than that because I was retarded and let the "crap" go on for way way way too long and people started 'ing the thread.

As far as banning for asking about this or any other base board operational voodoo: Never. I'm not that kind of douche-bag. The only time I have banned people for "asking" is when they specifically request that I do because they have finals coming up and need a week off to actually, you know, study.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I did that. I'm so bad.
    Yep; completely horrible. Like how do you sleep at night(other than quite well) - Though seriously; to compare you to EF is like comparing chocolate cake and dental work.

Funny. I happened to be eating chocolate cake as I read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Funny. I happened to be eating chocolate cake as I read your post.
    Better than getting dental work.

Tool: Disgustipated.

This is necessary.

Thanks for flushing, Spec.
    Last edited by mophead; 05-24-2011 at 20:37.

DTR tells me on LPF PM that he is not EF. Same city, different guys.
    I have no way to check this. You guys check this out.

HMike

This is a quote I got from him:
    "Well Elektrofreak and I both live in St. Louis. Wow that is one hell of a matching. So do they only allow one user per city?

I am definitely not Elektrofreak. I could forgive and come back if it was just a mistaken identity. I just did not like it if I had been banned for who I am."

From what I can tell, DTR is not Elektrofreak.