Thread: Vintage film ‘Introduction To The Laser’, 1973

Default Vintage film ‘Introduction To The Laser’, 1973

Hi Everyone.
    I have a very old, rare and seemingly impossible-to-find film titled ‘Introduction To The Laser’ made in 1973 and would like to make it available to members of these forums. This is a fascinating 16 minute film featuring some of the pioneers of laser technology. It explains the principles of laser light with great ‘old school’ animations and demonstrations. Some vintage laser and other laboratory equipment is shown making this film and absolute must for anyone interested in vintage lasers and wants to own some very retro laser footage on DVD.
    Video quality is excellent considering the film was originally made using film stock and later transferred to video tape. Thanks to modern technology, it can now be owned on DVD.
    I am not selling the DVD but simply asking for donations of any amount but enough to cover the cost of the disk and postage. Any amount over that will be used for a good educational cause to make science a whole lot more engaging to students at high school.
    If you’re interested, please send me a message and I’ll gladly reply with more information.
    Many thanks.

I'm in! PM sent.

Hehe, so am I. PM sent
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Me too (or three ?),

PM Sent.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Just transferred 15 AUD.
    I didn't fail !

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all who have made a donation, every one being very generous.
    A quick update....Our school recently received an ex-Navy jet aircraft to be used in our aerospace science program. While this plane will never fly again, many students will cut their teeth on restoring it for display and learning purposes. We are talking about 15-17 year olds who are just beside themselves with excitement to have the opportunity to restore this plane.
    However, this costs money and your contributions will make a very positive impact. Every little bit helps.
    If anyone else would like to be involved, please feel free to email me.
    Thanks guys!!!

Hope all goes well with that project.
    Received the DVD in good shape, really fun movie.
    Thanks for that and good luck...
    I didn't fail !

Yes, a neat old filmstrip. It's the third in my collection and I know of a fourth and maybe fifth. These make great background videos when the old lasers are on display!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching it
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001