Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Pro version with USB Dongle ordered today.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    What??? lol

Did I neglect to tell you that this will be yours at some garage sale price once I can't figure out how to use it?!?

(I just want to see the 100 shows that come with it!)

hey, once you are done watching the shows let me know, i might also be interested in a garage sale price!!!

but it should not be too hard working with lsx, don't get pessimistic!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    garage sale
    More like clearance warehouse...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Remind me to take away your tricycle license...

I should point out that LSX is a great tool for creating show content even if you don't currently own one of the supported DACs. Some of the things you can do with this software are truly mind-blowing. And once you've got the effect you want, you can export it as a string of ILDA frames that can be imported into whatever other laser software you have that does work with your DAC.

If you're going to be at SELEM, be sure to check out Andrew's demo of his LSX software.

Adam

The shows LSX comes with actually aren't that spectacular as they are. Well. Let me rephrase that. They are awesome(especially the demo), but they take a bit of work to reconstruct due to needing to hunt down the correct audio tracks, since the ones it ships with are mostly silence except for the beginnings and ends due to copyright laws.

And also, is LSX licensing even transferable? I know it's tied to a dongle or dac to run, however, each install on a different PC still needs to be activated through Andrew. It's kind of a pain(especially if your impatient like me and want to use the software you just bought, heh.) but one that's only suffered once, unless you lose the license files he sends you.

You actually have to search for the audio for most shows, even the shows included with Pangolin unless the show creator also created the music and provided the rights along with the show.

Thanks for your comment Adam. You're right. Not only can you use it as a show tool, because of its advanced animation features it's useful for frame generation as well, if you just want to play the exported sequences you generate in other software or from an SD card.

Qume, look in the LSX Audio folder, there I have put a spreadsheet of work I have done, detailing a lot of the audio tracks, albums, etc and where they are available. Sometimes with the info provided, all you need to do is an internet search to find the right track.

The license is transferable to new machines, just send an email to get it set up.

I was referring to the license being transferable to other *people*(i.e. selling someone else your copy as was mentioned above in the garage sale price post from bradfo69 ), Not just to a different computer the original purchaser owns. I already know the latter is possible, but not the former.

In regards to the audio. Yes, I found the source audio directory, and that spreadsheet, shortly after I PM'd you the other day, but so far I still haven't successfully re-synced any of the shows to replacement audio tracks that i've found though. The audio tracks inevitably always end up slightly longer, or shorter, than the original one used, and I haven't figured out LSX well enough yet to adjust it via the timeline without editing every event in it one at a time.