Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: New laser show software available: Procedural dynamic frames, Much More

Default THNX

WOW!!!
    PM sent for two demos===I like what I see.

Default tracking this one

interesting for sure, will read the post to see if it answers the questions:

with 1 rgb laser is lite sufficient?
    will it support fb3 and/or easylase II
    have to see the license binding possibilities

Michel

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

"will it support fb3?"

No third party can support FB3 until Pangolin releases a Software Development Kit for FB3.

Steve

Question

Does it work on sound card DACs?

says it works with the EzAudDac which IIRC is a soundcard dac

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    says it works with the EzAudDac which IIRC is a soundcard dac

I had a talk with him yesterday to clarify this. LSX would work with sound card based output devices with some restrictions on show content to prevent a virtual sound card from intercepting the included artwork.

Steve

thats kind of silly... so whats to stop you from playing any other DAC into an ADAT and intercepting it that way?

thats kind of silly... so whats to stop you from playing any other DAC into an ADAT and intercepting it that way?
    Or connecting a logic analyzer to the databus of the DAC chips... No need to go Digital>Analog>Digital...

Or sniffing the packets to a ethernet connected DAC...

DRM is a waste of time IMHO, it can always be defeated.

But... If you can output anything to a DAC, it would mean that you have bought the software... So why would you need to export the frames in the first place?

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    I have to say I'm impressed. This goes beyond entry level software and still holds an entry level price tag, so I think a lot of people on PL will be very pleased about this..
    Hi Stoney, thank you. I have implemented a cryptographic system, however you are correct, the virtual machine remained a loophole that I hoped would have minimal impact. Now, however, clearly that is not workable so a dongle key in some form will be required. Unfortunately, quality keys tend to be $30-$40.

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    Wow nice work!

Are more ... my pending V5 order...
    Hi Jay, I didn't forget you, will get a bunch of driver shipments out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    WOW!!!
    PM sent for two demos===I like what I see.
    ok, look for a PM soon!

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    interesting for sure, will read the post to see if it answers the questions:

with 1 rgb laser is lite sufficient?
    will it support fb3 and/or easylase II
    have to see the license binding possibilities

Michel
    with 1 RGB laser, lite is sufficient for control and creating shows, yes. It will support the easylase 2. I do not have one for testing, but so long as easylase.dll is able to talk with the easylase 2 it's no problem. One issue with the easylase series is that the new dll does not differentiate between controller types, so every interface (easylase, netlase, etc) enumerates all of the types of controllers, showing up as EasyLase 0, EasyLase 1, etc.. In order to differentiate controller types, you have to 'pay in' to get access to that part of their system. This is not worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Does it work on sound card DACs?
    Yes, it does on unprotected shows as well as shows you create.

You have to differentiate between what is seen by artists as 'unavoidable, acceptable risk' and 'unacceptable hole'. The difference is - one would hope that an individual that has been in the laser field long enough to have a modified ADAT and the tools necessary would also have respect for the content. On the other hand, the individual who has never created a show and just purchased some new slick software and can immediately start piping out wav file rips after downloading audacity MAY not have the same level of respect for the content and what goes in to making it. Of course, only a small percentage would do that, most (even new users) would not. I'm sure you can argue otherwise, but I've found this to hold mostly true.

One thing I should point out here is that LSX gives you exceptional freedom with regards to export of (unprotected) content that you create and others share. One example is ILDA true color export - even advanced animations that you create are allowed to be exported easily, you won't have to worry about not being able to use your content on other systems. You can even record a live touchscreen/MasterBeam based performance right out to an ILDA stream for playback later.

I've just made a few more updates and have PMs to respond to, thank you everyone for your comments so far!
    Last edited by drlava; 06-01-2011 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Or connecting a logic analyzer to the databus of the DAC chips... No need to go Digital>Analog>Digital...

Or sniffing the packets to a ethernet connected DAC...

DRM is a waste of time IMHO, it can always be defeated.

But... If you can output anything to a DAC, it would mean that you have bought the software... So why would you need to export the frames in the first place?

/Thomas
    No software protection works 100% so usually the idea is to throw enough hurdles up to keep honest people honest.

I did see a Save to ILD button in the UI. Disabled in the demo but I'm hoping it works as I think it will. It really bugs me that in Quickshow you can't save your shows out to a format that can be used in another software package.

Mike