Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life in the Big City?

Default Life in the Big City?

Just picked my daughter up from school and am a little freaked out.

While stopped (stuck) in traffic at a red light on our way home, saw two car loads full of punks (8 of them) with baseball bats get out and do a number on the car in front of them. Didn't look like they were trying to hurt the driver, but the rear quarter-panels and all the windows were destroyed. Kinda frustrating as I realized that I couldn't do a damn thing from where I was, had I needed to protect my daughter or myself...

I guess it's time to get my concealed-carry now
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Just picked my daughter up from school and am a little freaked out.

While stopped (stuck) in traffic at a red light on our way home, saw two car loads full of punks (8 of them) with baseball bats get out and do a number on the car in front of them. Didn't look like they were trying to hurt the driver, but the rear quarter-panels and all the windows were destroyed. Kinda frustrating as I realized that I couldn't do a damn thing from where I was, had I needed to protect my daughter or myself...

I guess it's time to get my concealed-carry now
    I would always consider my car a weapon if the need arises. I got no problem hitting an innocent's car in front or behind me to aim said weapon if needed as the more people who know I am in danger the better.

Did anyone happen to call the police?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default wow

That is very disconcerting. Yeah, do what you can to keep your little munchkin safe.

A lot of people frown on Kel-Tec because of the inexpensive price, but when I go camping with my woman, I always bring my Kel-Tec P-32 with me. Never has failed at the range, goes pop every time. I sleep well knowing I have it with us.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I don't have a problem using the car to make a path or as a weapon either, but felt like a sitting duck while all this was going down. Problem was I was wedged in by other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Did anyone happen to call the police?
    Yes, probably 7-8 Sheriff Deputies arrived within 5 minutes of the event. Probably gang-related more I think about it. Didn't see that anyone was caught (yet).
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

<~ Hugs his Sig-Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    <~ Hugs his Sig-Sauer
    Very nice piece!

ty

I am probably going to get a Kel-Tec or something like that for EDC since if I do have to use it it would take a long time to get back (if ever) and I would feel less bad about losing a Kel-Tec than an $800 Sig

Although if it saves my life I really would not care what it cost me

Very true. I love my Kel-Tec. Nice little gun for the price. I feel the same about my Bersa, but it is not as small. That one only goes to the range with me and stays in my drawer.

Wish I could afford a SIG, but lasers keep my pockets dry!!!!

wow im jealous it still america out there just not here in ny to get a carry permit in ny you need to ... well you just cant get one unless you have a very very very good reason like you are a armed guard but for the average person its a no go

hell to even get a non carry permit its very very hard but doable just not worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    wow im jealous it still america out there just not here in ny to get a carry permit in ny you need to ... well you just cant get one unless you have a very very very good reason like you are a armed guard but for the average person its a no go

well, i think that's the way it should be. what one considers life threatening is very very subjective and the more guns are out and about the more possible it is to find yourself at the wrong side of one, because some loonie considered you a threat.

and none can convince me that all gun owners are responsible individuals, trained and in the right state of mind. i had my chance to "play" with guns in the army and that's all i want to have to do with them.

just my 2p

(what happened to good old fist-fights? )
    "its called character briggs..."