Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ID and have info on this module

Default Anyone ID and have info on this module

Hi,

just got a polygon scanner from E-bay and it came in an assembly with this module. I don't know the pin outs and was hoping someone else had already figured this one out. Looks like it may output a nice amount of RED and it has pots that could be Power?

Thanks

Jeff

Hmm, how to post Pictures

for posting pictures, you first need to have it on the web, like your own web page, or a free web host like imageshack. When that's done, click on the Img button at the top. in between the brackets that appear, put the complete address for your picture. It will look something like this:

[img*]http://www.yourpicture.com[/img*]

Note: omit the *, I put them there so that it won't look for an image on a page that does not exist

without an image it will be difficult for people to help you :P
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Well, I took a look at what I think you have.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LIQUID-SKY-EFFEC...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like you just need to supply 15-24 volts through the two cables connected at the side of the board (red + and black -)

But I think you'd better wait until someone else answers, as I'm not totaly sure of this. Just to be on the safe side

hope this helps

cheers

That is the polygon scanner I have and it works fine. Pin 1 is +V and 2 and 3 are GND. I recieved the entire barcode scanner asembly and the module I am refering to is the led laser. It appears to be more powerful than a laser pointer. Itl ooks as if it may have a feedback sensor and a power and modulation function also. I also have the reader module and some cool mirrors and curved lenses.

I'll get the pics to my web site and link them up

figured it out

I'll take it you were able to power the laser, right? Did it require anything in particular or just connect the current to the board?

If so, could you post some instructions please?. I bought a similar module and it's on its way, and I would also like to be able to power that thing :twisted: . I figure there will be no problem with the scanner, but with the laser I'm a bit more affraid of damaging it

cheers

I have taken a look at the laser driver IC's datasheet, and it appears that you only need to connect +5V to pin 1, and GND to pin 8.

So, my suggestion is to follow the trace that leads to pin 1 up to the white connector, and at that point plug the 5V source. GND seems to be pin 5 on the white connector (the one marked CN), from top to bottom, as seen on the first picture you posted.

If there's any flaw in my thinking, please let us know, so we don't blow these perfectly good and healthy diodes

Thanks,

I have not powered it up as I don't want to blow it.

I will trace out the pins to the header connector. I am curious as to why there are so many I/O connections on this module.

If I get it to work the frame the scanner and this module came in with the removal of the lenses will make a nice liquid sky projector all by itself.

I too Purchased one of these on Ebay, and will appreciate any info on the proper operation of the device! 10 bucks for a liquid sky device WITH laser is not to Shabby!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Will do,

Please note I did not buy this from Meridith, but another vendor.