Thread: Paypal Sucks.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Paypal Sucks.

Watch out if your paypal transfers ever accumulate to 10K over the course of your account existing and if your account is unverified. Got holds placed on my account that were the devil to clear.

Why did my account become unverified? My bank was bought by another bank a year ago. Thus my account changed a little and verified status was lost. The magic 10K rolled up last week. I paid for a laser and left with it, after using the seller's computer to access the account = double security whammy = hold, and NO Emails about it.

Two phone calls, many emails, password changes, a second hold, having to add a card to verify my ID. Plus the lying call center employee, oh yes Mr Roberts... I've lifted the hold..

Make sure you get the employee number and the name, whenever you deal with them. Just naming the first one to the lady I talked to the second time released remarkable amounts of subtle apologies. If you get "TONY" in limitations, ask for a supervisor instantly.

Make sure you have TWO(2) emails on the account and TWO(2) phone numbers, else you might go through massive pain to re-access your account

I just sent a sorry-gram to the vendor.

There, I've vented..

Steve

ya this has happened to me, very annoying, also had an issue where my bank rejected an EFT for some random reason so paypal unverified everything and it was a cluster fuck because they would not let me use the same bank account, so I had to call and explain why I needed to add the same bank account etc... really hate them

Shit!

Which reminds me, the funds on hold for Sir Admin, whats the deal there are we close to having those funds released?
    This space for rent.

Default fuck paypal

if i was ever to meet the wanker that makes up paypal rules, i would beat the fuck out of him
    the admin funds should be released at the end of the month .
    but have to find away to get them to him yet ?

any way i tried to open up a new account at work using a works credit card
    at a different address ,but some how they found that and barred it as well
    how the fuck did they link it to my old account ??

they must be tracking just my name and d.o.b

god i wish i was the worlds best hacker i would love to fuck over paypal.
    they had better cough up the money at the end of the month.
    and if they dont what the fuck can i do about it ?
    they could keep it and get away with it because you would need to be a multi millionaire
    to do anything about it.
    at the end of the day i am fucked now i cant buy shit on the internet now
    as most companys use fuck you over pal, these days

rant over

fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck!
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I know how you all feel, i,m currenly in the same process. I have to verify my id and send a document that proofs my adress. I,m thinking to switch to google checkout like Rob stanwax has but i can,t afford to loose customers.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I told them I could be facing felony charges for picking up a "technical" item and not paying for it. That got the lead out of customer service rep #2's posterior.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    if i was ever to meet the wanker that makes up paypal rules, i would beat the fuck out of him
    the admin funds should be released at the end of the month .
    but have to find away to get them to him yet ?

any way i tried to open up a new account at work using a works credit card
    at a different address ,but some how they found that and barred it as well
    how the fuck did they link it to my old account ??

they must be tracking just my name and d.o.b

god i wish i was the worlds best hacker i would love to fuck over paypal.
    they had better cough up the money at the end of the month.
    and if they dont what the fuck can i do about it ?
    they could keep it and get away with it because you would need to be a multi millionaire
    to do anything about it.
    at the end of the day i am fucked now i cant buy shit on the internet now
    as most companys use fuck you over pal, these days

rant over

fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck!
    How about supplying links to PayPal showing them the Unsatisfied
    PayPal customers... and showing that PayPal Customer Service and
    Unfair PayPal Policies are being discussed in a negative way on an
    open Public Forum...

Just to let them know their image is changing in the minds of it's
    own (past loyal) customers.....

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Message from Paypal (compiled from many emails and telephone calls):
    Dear Client,

We are not suggesting you are BAD or that your SUPPLIER is BAD it is just that we have this "internal security" program, which is not actually under our control.
    But it is a great program used by all sorts of banks and other vague but gigantic financial entities.
    Since you did something different this year (we haven't made any money from you in the last few years) and tried to make a perfectly legitimate transfer this program noticed you. This program has the capability of overriding any commitments we might have appeared to make via our web pages and reacts by extracting the maximum amount of access to both your data and your financial resources.

It also forces both player and the system into "slow mode" and makes sure that Pay pal starts benefiting from your frenetic attempts to overcome this slight (unimportant for pay pal since it does thousands of transfers/min) technical hitch.

A full explanation of how this works is available but spread thinly between multiple tabs and web pages on our site although we cannot guarantee that these are necessarily visible from the pages where players initiate their transactions. Basically it introduces the eCheque concept based on slowing down the instant payment system (we are so good at) to that of a slightly exaggerated, early eighties retro-snail mail bankers cheque.
    This is a marvelous scheme, which enables us to earn a relatively small (considering the main traffic) amount of interest on the amount being transferred. It works like this we take your money out of your bank instantly, instead using your verified credit card, then hang on to it for a week or so, while we perform "security checks". We then give it to your supplier who a little later still will hopefully ship your urgent supplies.
    If we don't have access to your bank account this fantastic "security program" starts a game in which players either give up or end up paying a time or money penalty....... or both.

We have both online and telephone gaming facilities and I can assure that our experts will give you a good run for your money in the form of a very large international telephone bill (from a non geographical location near you). No matter how good you are at skyping!
    The online version is a bit crude but very effective. Basically it works like this:
    We have lots of images and colours and security stuff which promises to sort out why you are unable to transfer funds despite having had a verified business account for many years and dutifully updated your credit information and given us time to process this update before attempting the transfer.
    Despite this we force you to supply extra bank data plus the permission to sell this commercially on the international markets and also get you to give us permission to directly access your account.
    We do cheat a bit in the legal bit by promising to notify you if we become "aware" of undue risk associated with the transfer ............... but we never commit ourselves to saying HOW or WHEN.

Under our new rules: If a player has unadvisedly relied on previous pay pal experience and committed themselves to making and an instant transfer to a business partner,even experienced players either have to give up and bite the bullet or give ground and submit.

This is NEW Paypal! Not some amateurish high street bank who has to worry about the FSA or Advertising standards or Ethics or any of that old hat stuff.

Our promises are ethereal like dreams, we are international and untouchable, AND we keep Ebay running relatively smoothly. So no one is going to mess with us. As for our clients, well most are so small they are individually irrelevant and our "internal security program" avoids big clients by statistical analysis. Remember your original crime is not supplying us with revenue for YEARS!

Anyway to get back to the "game". Having given us access to your bank we then convince you with a load of rubbish about "funding priorities" (included in legal bits on some selected sites) to have another go. That's when our brilliant "internal security" (used by many banks etc.) steps in and converts the whole game into an eCheque deal, whose rules you never ever bothered to look at before, since it is so obviously a scam.

Even if you had previously taken the precaution of arranging for a friend to stick some money in your account so we are "forced" to make the instant transfer you probably don't know the exact amount until the last minute and we still earn penalty points on their personal transfer, with a bit of luck on some currency conversion AND we end up with any balance interest while everything is still in slow mode.
    Brilliant isn't it. (Used by many banks etc.) !

What's more if you get your supplier to cancel the eCheque payment, a move, *(just like giving access to bank account) often recommended by our telephone gaming experts we still win out because the funds for the eCheque which we took from your bank in our first move after gaining access to your bank account now disappear into "limbo".
    That is despite your desperate search down all the blind alleys the game provides, you will not be able to detect their whereabouts and will just come away with the sensation that you may be lucky enough to get the funds back within ten days to a month.

Even then it won't go back to your bank it will appear (or should do anyway) in your account in Paypal.

Also, (but this I am not totally sure about), we can either charge you to return them, or just isolate them, pending further "security investigations".
    It's amazing what you can do with a neural network these days.

There you go! Game set and match!

Now I am sure you won't be so silly again, since you are clearly guilty of "not supplying Paypal with sufficient revenue for "YEARS".

But look on the bright side, we have millions of happy clients, AND you can come back and play anytime you like 24/7 and have another go.* (telephone gaming experts only available during working hours and in N.Ireland).

Oh and I not sure if I already said this but SORRY if this caused you a problem, really we just want your money! Naturally in return for SOLUTIONS....... not primarily to cause you problems they are just to add "spice" to the game.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for more details of the more sophisticated "currency conversion" rules of play if you want to attempt any subtle international "in game" manoeuvres.

You can not reply to this email: Contact is via post since we are still in "slow mode" with respect to your account due to "security" concerns. Also we have many "security packages" available if you would like to purchase one.

PS.
    Closing the account won't work either, since we hang on to both data and money if you don't manage to win it back first using our "closing game". Good luck with that and all the best.

Unsigned: Joanna (Paypal ambassador agent). On behalf of "Internal Security" program.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 06-06-2011 at 04:12. Reason: We have the right to change any of our rules at any time!

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    How about supplying links to PayPal showing them the Unsatisfied
    PayPal customers... and showing that PayPal Customer Service and
    Unfair PayPal Policies are being discussed in a negative way on an
    open Public Forum...

Just to let them know their image is changing in the minds of it's
    own (past loyal) customers.....

Jerry
    why bother its not like they give a fuck about the little guys
    if it not ebay related then they are not bothered, anyway
    but still they made 180days interest on admins money, and the thousands of other
    people they do this to each day,
    they bank where they do so they can get away with it ,
    i wish some super hacker would fuck them over for a change
    or some other company start up and give us an alternative to using paypal,
    sounds like somthing bill gates should do(microsoft money!)
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.