Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wich software do i go for?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Interesting. I can double check the installer. You are the first to report such a problem. I can also just give you the files and you can drop them in place if you want to try that. I recently migrated to some new technolgy for Spaghetti but there have been these kinds of glitches ever since. What works for some sometimes doesn't work for others. I'm slowly weeding out the issues. I apologize for the frustration.
    Tried rebooting now and i still can't install Would be nice to test it...

Someone just reported to me that .NET 3.5 is also required which makes sense because of the logging utility I use. I forgot about that. So make sure the latest .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 are installed.

In reality, it's the other way around.
    really cos im sure before QS was around you brought the fb3, so whats changed?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    really cos im sure before QS was around you brought the fb3, so whats changed?
    When you bought the FB3 you paid about $40 dollars for the hardware and about $550 for sales, marketing, and R&D that was applied towards QS development.

When you bought the FB3 you paid about $40 dollars for the hardware and about $550 for sales, marketing, and R&D that was applied towards QS development.
    I think you'll probably find the Fb3 was released way before QS was even thought about.

As for the monetary figures, I wouldn't have a clue but isn't that what happens in every company? What you buy today pays the wages of the technicians for tomorrows product development.

If a company made something for X and sold it for X + only a little bit then they'd run out of money and have to sack all their developers way before the next generation of product could be completed.

The only people who can afford to make only a very very small profit margin on their products are those people like yourself Gary who develop for fun and a little extra spending money and those super conglomerates who sell so many products each day that next to no profit = a lot of bucks anyway, and they certainly aren't in the laser business!

For every other company, a reasonable margin enables development and survival.

indeed i brought my fb3 many years before QS was invented.

so i didnt buy quickshow i brought an fb3

not that it matters i was just pointing it out
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I think you'll probably find the Fb3 was released way before QS was even thought about.

As for the monetary figures, I wouldn't have a clue but isn't that what happens in every company? What you buy today pays the wages of the technicians for tomorrows product development.

If a company made something for X and sold it for X + only a little bit then they'd run out of money and have to sack all their developers way before the next generation of product could be completed.

The only people who can afford to make only a very very small profit margin on their products are those people like yourself Gary who develop for fun and a little extra spending money and those super conglomerates who sell so many products each day that next to no profit = a lot of bucks anyway, and they certainly aren't in the laser business!

For every other company, a reasonable margin enables development and survival.
    I wasn't saying it in a negative way. I have worked in companies similar to Pangolin. I know how it works. That's how it has to work. There is nothing to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    indeed i brought my fb3 many years before QS was invented.

so i didnt buy quickshow i brought an fb3

not that it matters i was just pointing it out
    You may have bought an FB3 but you paid for a whole lot more.

You may have bought an FB3 but you paid for a whole lot more
    Shame some of the other DACs at the same price point don't also come with the same 'whole lot more'
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Shame some of the other DACs at the same price point don't also come with the same 'whole lot more'
    Which DACs are you talking about?