Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wich software do i go for?

Default Wich software do i go for?

Hi all

Right now i have iShow laser software, no that happy with it, colors are all wrong and really hard to use.
    So im thinking of buying Pangolin Quickshow2.0. Any good?
    Looks nice from the videos i have seen and i can reduce the brigtness of my laser with it to use with smaller rooms?
    Should i pick something else maybe? I only use the laser for disco.

Quickshow is really good and easy to use, so ideal for a home user.

Yes there are Beam Attenuation Maps that allow you to reduce brightness from 100% as far down as 10%.

You can download a demo here to play with:

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/downloadm...34/page34.html

just so you know, you buy the fb3 not quickshow, that comes free.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The lastest update... I am only seeing intensity adjustments from 100% down to 50% on each color. Not sure why it can't for from 0 to 100 anymore.

Perhaps a setting?

FB3 with Quickshow.... Winner! There are a ton of commercial users here who use it. It is rock solid.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thanks for reply all.
    Im waiting for a licence for the demo Hoping i get it soon.
    Hm 50% well hopefully it will be enaugh, better than using colored glass
    What about Phoenix Live?

There is an overall intesity adjustment for the output. It is located in the effects adjustments to the right on the main screen. As far as color tuning, 50% should be more than enough, even if your projector is green heavy. There are other, cheaper solutions than just Pangolin that are vastly better than iShow. I have not used many of them, but Quickshow is a nice bit of software.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    just so you know, you buy the fb3 not quickshow, that comes free.
    In reality, it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    The lastest update... I am only seeing intensity adjustments from 100% down to 50% on each color. Not sure why it can't for from 0 to 100 anymore.

Perhaps a setting?

FB3 with Quickshow.... Winner! There are a ton of commercial users here who use it. It is rock solid.
    Your looking in the wrong place.

Rather than adjusting colour power you should be using Beam Attenuation Mapping for something like this:

Settings > Projection Zones > Beam Attenuation Map Tab > Enable Beam Attenuation Mapping ie agree the warning.

You can then select your zones individually and paint you BAM in the window for each zone ensuring the "Activate Beam Attenuation Map fro this Zone" check box is checked.

Also worth mentioning that where you want to reduce power globally ie for the whole room, select the square paint tool as this will allow you to pull the BAM out in 1 movement to cover the entire BAM window.

Remember to BAM and activate every zone or you could suddenly find the room flooded with power when eg you switch from graphics to beams etc.

Thanks! I just used the color tuning in the projector settings. I don't use my fb3 much now since I got QM. When I build my mini rgb, my fb3 will get used again. Thanks for the tips! I need to revisit that again.

Lightbulb

If you have the iShow DAC and are on a small budget, try Spaghetti. It is low priced, the creator is a member here, JohnYayas, and there is a growing number of free shows on the PL FTP.

If you have more money I would suggest Pangolin, FB3 with Quick Show or the QM2000 that is coming with Beyond if you buy if before the offical Beyond release on July 16th (so we hear). I have a QM2000 and love it as it is basically the industry stadard and the company provides great support to their users.

A lot of good things are being said about LSX which is a new application from drlava that supports several DACs including the QM2000 and Riya units.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin