Thread: White Knight He-Cad Laser For Sale

Default White Knight He-Cad Laser For Sale

Hi Guys ,

I have a friend who wants to sell his White Knight Helium-Cadmium Laser.
    It's a White Light laser doing 4.1 mW Red at 635.5 nm, 8.75 mW Green at 533.7nm, and finally a beautiful 22.6 mW Blue at 441.6 nm.
    All outputs are linearly polarized (horizontal E vector) > 100:1.
    Red and Green are single mode TEM 00 and Blue is multi TEM01.
    This would be good enough to do a low power white light full spectrum laser show using either a PCAOM or a trichro filter and AOM's to select and modulate/blank colors for a laser show . This laser is also Ideal for making full color Holograms with the blue wavelength being the wavelength of choice for exposing master holograms for embossing purposes. Other uses include scientific spectral and fluorescent analysis, cytometry, synthesis and multiple measurements.
    Asking price is $4,500 US or best offer in cash and trade goods If you have something of interest.

Email me for more details.
    Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

still available ? I might be interested.

How many hours on it ? Seems to be a little lobsided twards blue , dont have the specs in front of me at the moment but seem to remember it had better output in the red/green dept.

What hardware would be wanted twards it ?

Dave

Default White Knight laser inquiry

Hi Dave,

First tks for the inquiry. I belive it's still available if not he also had a second less powerful unit. I believe he used a special power meter made by the Cooke company that measures all 3 power levels at the same time using dichroic filters to seperate the colors. I don't know If they have hour meters so can't tell you unless i make further inquiries.
    What is you application and where do you reside ?
    The White Knight lasers are located in Toronto , Ontario, Canada.
    I think cash is best but what do you have to offer in a combination trade of cash and goods ?

TTYL
    Rick

Hi Rick ,

Yeah , I was looking through the posts and saw yours with the whiteknight.

My location is in Eastern MA and my application is none( laser hobbiest with lasers running all the time around the house:-)

I am not too much into doing laser shows but am very into the physical aspects of lasers and their construction as well as modifying them.

I "collect" SMALL low powered multiline units and am particularly interested in low powered whitelight units.

I still want to whitelight a 60X no matter how stupid of an idea people tell me this is :-) And Yes it can be done ! Just a matter of finding a shop willing to do it.

I currently have a 4 line RYGB ILT whitelight 110VAC input and a Omni 643 RYB (powersupply should be here next week:-)

As well as several multiline 532's and 60X's

Two REO tunable HeNe's and a modded tunable SP-107 doing 4 lines.

I most likely like everybody else out here am a laser nut and love this hobby .

I am not one that wants power though , I am quite happy within the 50mw domain and find it quite pleasing to use within the 5mw range.

When I want to do some damage ,I turn on the yag's :-)

DPSS units have a long way to go as far as beam quality goes and prefer to stick with gas lasers .

We all know the laser pricing game , and the price mentioned for the whiteknight sounds sweet and will be thinking about it and would like to know the model #'s available as well as the date of manufacture.

I love eBay ! Most of my equipment is from there . 6 nice Omni argons have sold the past couple of weeks for ~700 to 1500 bucks a set with low hours ! So , go to Mell's and pay ~8 to 10,000 or ebay ? lol

Best bang for the buck for a whitelight is one of those 532's/60X's mixed with sunkings low cost 20mw Hene's through a Junktronics DLP wheel ! Wonder if he has any more , super for argon/HeNe mix with very low waste beam !

I have quite a bit invested so far for my current laser project although it is coming along slow , a multiline He-Se laser.
    In theory , as many as 60 lines out ! If sucessful even for a limited time I will post pic's .

Sorry for rambling !

Yes , I am interested in the hollow cathode multiline He-Cd laser and will probably just pay cash for I do not believe I have anything wanted for trade towards it.

Default White Knight laser

Hi Dave,

I'd say you're as addicted to lasers as much as anyone on this forum. It can certainly be a money pit hobby as I can vouch for that. Welcome to Lasers anonymous !....
    I started with a He-Ne laser and like Tim the tool man it wasn't enough so I got several Argon lasers but wanted more power, the rest is history..... I'm hooked, He-he-he...
    Yes you can white light a 60X. Dale Harder @ H & H lasers in Ohio has done some experimenting. I don't know If he's still in business rebuilding lasers since I saw him back in 1998. You could also try Cambridge lasers or Nitelite Lasers or Laser Innovations or Evergreen lasers as alternates.
    I will make some inquiries as to the status of the White Knight lasers and get back to you via private mail msg on this forum. Have a happy Xmas and play safe.

TTYL
    Rick