Thread: FlexDrive current setting question

Default FlexDrive current setting question

I just received everything i need to make my 1W 445 laser pointer but I'm a little unsure about setting the driver current. I understand how to do it, I guess I'm just unsure why I'm doing it. Does it have to do with what the diode is capable of? How do I know what I should be setting it at? Thanks in advance. -Luke

Nevermind, I think I've figured it out

Laser Warning Your project is illegal and dangerous

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:55.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Having dealt with ARRA, Karl is right. If your in Phoenix, you would be well advised to kept that 1 watt 445 inside your home. I've seen ARRA on site on show sites. I have seen them play hardball, issue fines on the spot. They will not hesitate to talk to DPS about what they have read here. I also know some one who is fighting a 1K$ fine for merely having the gold metal labeling flake off on a pair of safety glasses in Phoenix.

These are quieter, and safer, and hunt skyward lasers in Phoenix. They are built down the road in MESA, The factory made sure the local cops have a demo unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOTAR

With the new blade tip design, you will not hear them coming.

Welcome to the forum.

Btw, 900 mA is a nice tradeoff between lifetime and brightness, if you have proper heatsinking.

Keep the beam out of the sky, go out in the desert and have fun.

We are not big fans of pointers here, they have their place at low powers for business and educational uses.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-09-2011 at 07:44.

i feel like such a rebel now... my mom would be so disappointed in me if she found out what a criminal ive become

thanks for the warning guys, i do take it seriously. this diode will end up in an approved projector as soon as i have the money for more parts. but for now i will gaze at its beauty from a flashlight housing. dont worry though, i certainly will not be causing any trouble with it. but, for your sake and the sake of all others who are concerned i will limit all future posts to those pertaining solely to projectors (which are my true interest anyway)
    Last edited by ZeroPoint; 06-10-2011 at 00:39.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

" i" should be "I" when writing in the first person. Enjoy your 445, and be very careful.

You might wish to get to know Karl, he does not normally snarl at people in his replies. He is on the road this weekend, so it will be a few days before he replies.

Steve