Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMX with QM2K

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Don't forget that the FB3 / QuickShow 2 combination also supports DMX output, using an Enttec DMX USB Pro interface.
    I will look into it, since I would rather use a laptop than my Pango box. I was just trying to avoid buy any additional hardware. But I do like the cue controls in QS so... I might just end up doing that, considering it will pretty much be "live". Thanks for the advice!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    That would be good....
    just emailed him I will post or update information.
    Since your mentioning it has never happened for you and any others
    i myself didn't ever hear from it either it sounds like a freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Spaghetti will control of DMX devices. You just add them to the timeline like anything else. I can add support for the Entec and any DMX devices you have if you can provide the channel assignments. Spaghetti is on sale for $19.99 so might be something to consider.

Awesome price on Spaghetti, BTW!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I have a QM2k intro system and I use it with DMX all the time straight from the QM... yet to have anything catch fire...

theres an app called QMX or something like that in the C:\Pangolin folder that will give you a simple "virtual" dmx board if you just want to play around... you can also make DMX frames that you can drop in a showtime timeline... thats how I add my Mobolazers into pangolin shows

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    theres an app called QMX or something like that in the C:\Pangolin folder that will give you a simple "virtual" dmx board if you just want to play around... you can also make DMX frames that you can drop in a showtime timeline... thats how I add my Mobolazers into pangolin shows
    That is awesome... For halloween, that might be just what I am looking for. Something to move the lights around when the kids walk up. I really need to learn more about my QM! there is so much that damn thing can do!

Yes, I know we are just breaking into summer, but I take halloween very seriously! Gotta plan ahead!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Gary. I currently only own a QM and FB3, last I understood, you didn't support Pango hardware. Although, if I do end up getting a usb DMX controller, I will certainly consider your software. Because a laptop might be a little more ideal.
    I believe Gary is working to get Spaghetti to support the QM2000...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I believe Gary is working to get Spaghetti to support the QM2000...
    That would be great. I love my Pangolin, but Showtime.... I have spent a lot of time mucking about in there. I like it, but it could be simpler. From what I have seen of Spaghetti, it looks great, but to buy another DAC....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    ... but Showtime.... I have spent a lot of time mucking about in there. I like it, but it could be simpler.
    I'm curious, what are some examples of how it could be simpler? I am up to my 9th show since I started making shows 2 years ago and it jsut seems like any other timeline based "assembly program"; like Acid, or Vegas. Only issue I have heard of is the lack of a moving timeline, but I am not sure I even need that; it was mentioned by someone else just getting into the software. I am almost afraid to try Beyond when it comes out as I am comfortable with Showtime.

Editing the effects is still difficult for me. Granted, I am new to it, but having used other assembly software, it seems that adding the effects to the timeline is a little more complicated than it needs to be. Separate windows to edit the effects....stuff like that. I am still new so, it is daunting. Perhaps when I use it more, I will become more familiar and thus, more comfortable.

well rumor has it QS is going to get a QM2k port... that might suit your needs better... but in that case you might be better off selling your QM and getting a FB3