Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My scanner up and running with Alphalite pro

Default My scanner up and running with Alphalite pro

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I love the box astro, what was it. a old dmx light?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool Projector! Where did you get the Laser window you project through??
    Detail, Details! we lOVE Details!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

One quick question, are you having back reflections from that window?, if so, how is that affecting your setup? (if at all), I seem to notice some on the 4th pic.

If you are, is that window AR coated?

Just curious.

Also, how many green photons are you throwing out that window?

Anyway, that is one cool setup you have there, good job.

Some day I'll have something to show off as well :?
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

looks like the case was from a 3kw inverter...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS....jsp?pn=142918

I just Ordered an AR coated 3"x3" window that is suppose to have a back relflection less than 0.5% and a transmission rate of 96-99%...

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productid=1919

This should keep the Flying bugs and Bats Out!
    www.laser-ad.com

Flecom, you are friggin' psychic!

You are correct, the housing that Astroguy used is indeed from a used 3000 watt marine inverter. (He and I were talking on the phone about his case a week or so ago.) I've got to admit that it looks pretty damn cool too! (These are the first pictures I've seen, and they look a lot better than I had imagined.) Fred's done a great job of laying everything out neatly in that narrow box.

Anyway, since I know Fred is going to be busy as hell, let me answer one other question that was posted above by jkaiser3000...

That's a 100 mw DPSS green laser he's got in there. But as to the back-reflections from the window, I can't say.

Now, what I want to know is where are the pictures of the RED laser combined with the green? (Come on Fred, I know you've been working on it... Pictures, pictures!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Flecom, you are friggin' psychic!

You are correct, the housing that Astroguy used is indeed from a used 3000 watt marine inverter. (He and I were talking on the phone about his case a week or so ago.) I've got to admit that it looks pretty damn cool too! (These are the first pictures I've seen, and they look a lot better than I had imagined.) Fred's done a great job of laying everything out neatly in that narrow box.

Anyway, since I know Fred is going to be busy as hell, let me answer one other question that was posted above by jkaiser3000...

That's a 100 mw DPSS green laser he's got in there. But as to the back-reflections from the window, I can't say.

Now, what I want to know is where are the pictures of the RED laser combined with the green? (Come on Fred, I know you've been working on it... Pictures, pictures!)

Adam
    Hey Adam, I am still working on the red. I am waiting on the cube combiners I ordered so I can combine two 100mw diodes together, and also a possible trade for a 200 mw red. I am putting out 150 mw out of the scanner and the back reflections I am getting seems to have no effect on the scanner or display. I tried to measure the reflection and it was less than 1 mw. The glass has no coatings but as soon as I can find a piece that does I will change it. I also have a 100 mw green that I dialed down to 30 mw, If I get the 200 mw red I will use the 30 mw green with it.
    Also the inverter case works great it is one big heatsink. I can run the thing for hours and every thing inside hardly gets warm.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Ya know, that is the coolist use of a case i have seen.. WOW.. Now if we could only find a Source for the CASE alone , in different sizes, we could have some cool looking systems!!...
    www.laser-ad.com

Well Fred - You've got some contacts in the marine industry... Any chance at all of getting more of these inverter cases?

You know - if they were a little wider they'd be perfect for an RGB case. But even so, with a little creativity with respect to beam paths I think you could still shoehorn a blue dpss and a pair of red diodes in there... For sure they're ideal for monochrome projectors though.

Your 200 mw of red should look really good with that green, assuming you can dial the power back like you planned. (Now you just need about 80-100 mw of blue and you'll be all set!)

Still working on the HGM 5 - no details yet. (And truthfully, it's not looking good at this point...) :?

Adam