Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FlexMod/FlexDrive

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    I would definitely like to use the FlexMod but with it having been out of stock for months and no indication of it becoming available anytime soon I don't know if I can wait that long. I will try to contact DrLava and see what he says. But, in the event they aren't going to be ready for a while or if I don't hear back from him I have to believe that there are other drivers out there. Why can't I find them? TTL drivers are everywhere but I can't find anything for analog (except for large and/or industrial lasers). Is there anyone else that makes drivers comparable to DrLava's FlexMod?
    FlamingPyro is selling FlexMods on LPF. I think they are on schedule to be available within the next couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    I think I've found the perfect solution at a price I can't pass up!... unless I'm missing something here. I just came across Norm's Triple 3A Laser Diode Driver ( http://www.ctrnd.com/NormLaserShow/R...iodeDriver.htm ). I'm under the impression that this one driver will allow me to modulate all three diodes up to 40kHz and supplies regulated current up to 3A per channel. at $75 I think this would be perfect for a first project But since I'm new to this and I'm certainly not the most techie person here, if anyone sees a problem I missed I would appreciate the correction
    I remember reading a couple negative reviews on that driver, although I can't find the specific thread.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_freak View Post
    FlamingPyro is selling FlexMods on LPF. I think they are on schedule to be available within the next couple weeks.

I remember reading a couple negative reviews on that driver, although I can't find the specific thread.
    Well, even with some negative reviews, I think I'm willing to spend the $75 to get me going until the FlexMods become available. Plus, this way I'll have first hand experience with the two different drivers and it will help me understand how different designs affect performance. Thanks for the heads up on both points! Ill get in touch with FlamingPyro on LPF
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

I have a projector built and working using Norm's 3 channel driver. Do a search to find the thread (I'm in a hurry right now to look it up for you). If you can get a hold of Norm please let me know. The manual needs some rewording to make it reflect the actual set up process.

I sent him an email this morning so ill let you know if/when he responds. I'll mention the manual to him and maybe if he finds the time he can stop by PL (i noticed he hasn't been here lately, according to his profile). I'd definitely like to take a look at that thread if you can find it. Anything you can tell me about how the driver is working for you or anything you think I should know about it would be appreciated.

-Just realized I misread your post. I'll look for that thread right now.
    LASERS!!

Hi guys, the FlexMods will be in production again and available at the end of the month.

Ha ha, thanks! I'm not sure how long ago you posted this but I've spent the last hour and a half looking through your old post (in an attempt to find this thread but finding a lot of other good information along the way). Anyway, I found it and just finished reading it. I'm still interested in trying it but one thing has me worried, you said the email on his site is no longer working, so unless he's updated his site then I'm guessing he hasn't got my email. Ironically I also happened to stumble upon his youtube account without knowing it was him until I recognized his username. I left him a message on there as well so hopefully he gets one or the other :P

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi guys, the FlexMods will be in production again and available at the end of the month.
    Awesome!! I'll be interested in at least three so I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the response DrLava!
    LASERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Great news! I need 10 to start with! Please look for my PM in a couple of weeks...