Thread: Using 1Watt T03 or C-Mount 650nm Diodes for use in a RGB Scanner

Default Using 1Watt T03 or C-Mount 650nm Diodes for use in a RGB Scanner

Does anyone have any thoughts on using one of the new 1Watt 650nm T03 Diodes for use in a scanner system? I have the opportunity to buy 1pc from a manufacturer for as discounted price of $250.00 + 30 DHL Shipping charge. I already have the T03 heat sink and collimating tube. I am however concerned about the size of the beam and if it can be made usable with a focusing lens.

Would be great if this has already been tested by one of the pro's out there.

.Attachment 25607Attachment 25611
    Last edited by cybertoyz; 06-18-2011 at 08:01. Reason: adding spec sheet

You would fair a lot better with a lower power 642nm dual diode or a 635nm package. The beam is huge from these wide emitters and is really not worth taming.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default specs

A link to the spec sheet of the diodeWill help decide if this diode is usable.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Thanks for the input. That is what I was afraid of.. When you say dual diode, are you speaking of combining with a cube?
    Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    You would fair a lot better with a lower power 642nm dual diode or a 635nm package. The beam is huge from these wide emitters and is really not worth taming.....

I just added the spec sheet in pdf format.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    A link to the spec sheet of the diodeWill help decide if this diode is usable.

Thanks for the reply. Even with a FAC Lens?

Lightbulb

Listen to this man; he is one of the experts and trying to beat big reds into useable beams...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin