Thread: SELEM Schedule of Events (will update as we get closer)

Smile SELEM Schedule of Events (will update as we get closer)

Hey folks! SELEM is 2 months away, so I thought it's about time to start talking seriously about a rough schedule for the 3 day event. I talked with Mario (Ragdoll), and he's willing to set up his turntables and spin live for us for a couple hours each night. He also suggested a live laser show competition (either using Live Pro or whatever other live show software you want) with a small prize for the winner. We talked about doing this before, but never actually did it, so this year I'd like to try...

Anyway, here's what I've been thinking about:

Thursday - noon to 5 PM
    Load-in and setup. Start with power feeds to the stage, scaffolding, sound system, and tables on-stage.
    I'd like to plan projector locations this year, so as we get closer I'll post a picture with the proposed layout.

Friday
    10 am - Noon Final projector tweaking, sound checks, equipment set-up for late arrivals (and in lobby area)
    Noon - 2 PM Graphics shows in the main auditorium (Frank's Led Zepplin and Beatles shows) Presentations upstairs in conference room (Laser Express software)
    2PM - 3 PM Lunch. Will still run graphics shows in the auditorium for the die hards!
    3PM - 6 PM More graphics shows. Open as to which ones. (DZ's best of echos?) Presentations upstairs in classroom area (Pangolin Beyond)
    6PM - 7PM Live Pro demo
    7PM - 8PM Live Pro practice time (for those who are interested) and/or dinner break
    8PM - Midnight Beam shows in the auditorium. Need schedule of who goes first...

Saturday
    10am - 11 AM Projector tweaking, late arrival setups.
    11 AM - 2 PM Beam shows in the auditorium. Need schedule of who goes first... Lumia displays in lobby.
    2 PM - 3 PM Lunch. Will have more Live Pro play-time in auditorium for the die-hards.
    3 PM - 5 PM Live music (Dj Mario, aka Ragdoll) with LivePro free-for-all
    5 PM - 8 PM Graphics shows in the auditorium. (Need schedule of which ones. Maybe Spaghetti shows?)
    8 PM - 9 PM Set up for multiple-projector beam shows (and/or dinner break)
    9 PM - Midnight Multiple-projector beam shows in the auditorium (Aaron's shows, MasterPJ's shows)

Sunday
    10 AM - 11 AM Last minute tweaks.
    11 AM - 1 PM Graphics shows in the auditorium (Need schedule of which ones.)
    1 PM - 2 PM Set up for Live Pro competition (and/or break for lunch)
    2 PM - 3 PM Live music (DJ Mario) and LivePro competition - one song, best live performance wins!
    3 PM - 5:00 PM Graphics shows in the auditorium (Need schedule of which ones.)
    5:00 PM - 7PM Tear-down, pack up, load-out, clean-up.

This is a very rough schedule, and as in previous years, I'm sure it will change a good bit between now and when SELEM actually happens. But I'd like to get some input from the folks who will be attending as soon as possible, so we can at least try to flesh out this schedule.

Also, I'd like to know how many people are interested in the Live laser show competition. If there isn't much interest, we can scrap that idea, but I remember that quite a few folks were interested in it the last time we tried this. (Unfortunately, we didn't plan for it very well, and we ran out of time...) This year I'd like to make it happen, assuming there is still enough interest.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Any of the Live Pro time slots specifically going to address setting up and using the Novation Remote Zero? I'm also guessing if Beyond is really released, there may need to be a second time slot dedicated to it for people who can't/don't arrive before Friday afternoon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Any of the Live Pro time slots specifically going to address setting up and using the Novation Remote Zero?
    I figure the first one will probably be best for that. That way people will have time to practice before the competition.
    I'm also guessing if Beyond is really released, there may need to be a second time slot dedicated to it for people who can't/don't arrive before Friday afternoon.
    That could be a problem. We only have the classroom area scheduled for Friday. We can extend that, but it will cost us more. If people think it would be better to do the presentations on Saturday, I could move them forward a day...

Are you not planning to be there on Friday?

Adam