Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Laser Safety Officer Training Monday, Aug 22 after SELEM. Interested?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Matthew is 19 but, enjoys spending time with younger people so, it's very possible they'd get along. He was going to be a pediatrician up until the reality of it all hit him, now he's getting into computers and IT at University of Delaware.... Sophmore year this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Matthew is 19 but, enjoys spending time with younger people so, it's very possible they'd get along. He was going to be a pediatrician up until the reality of it all hit him, now he's getting into computers and IT at University of Delaware.... Sophmore year this fall.
    Cool! My bro hangs out with all the seniors at his high school and most of his gaming friends online are in their early 20's. He's pretty mature for his age. I'm sure they'd get along just fine and sounds like they have enough in common.

LOL, Sorry for the thread hijack guys... It was my fault.

Back to LSO training seminar!

Smile

Payment details for the class will be posted shortly. Since this is an ILDA-sponsored class, the payment will need to be via the ILDA website. I talked with Patrick Murphy (ILDA Executive Director), and he said he would put up a special page on the ILDA website for people to register and pay for this LSO class. I should have that information in a day or two.

Also, for anyone who will be attending with dependent children: So long as your dependent is old enough to keep quiet and keep themselves entertained, they can attend the class with you (so that you can keep an eye on them). That way they don't have to be "banished" to the hotel lobby.

But if they want to take part in the class (ask questions, receive a certificate, etc), then they need to register as a separate attendee.

Adam

Lightbulb

As buffomounie is away for a few days I figured I would post this... The SELEM LSO Training course has been added to the ILDA site.

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Smile

Thanks Aaron!

To explain things a bit - the registration for the LSO class is indeed being handled through ILDA, which is why you have to go to their "shopping" website to sign up. And yes, this means you have to "register" with ILDA's e-commerce site in order to get into the class. BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE JOINING ILDA! It's just that you need a username and password to complete transactions on the site.

If you want to join ILDA at the same time, you can of course. But this is not required. (Note that ILDA members will save $50 on the price of the class.)

Also, if anyone wants more details about the "meat" of this LSO class, the details can be found here.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-13-2011 at 20:58.

I thought you had plans that were taking you away from wires and connections...

Not until next week Monday.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Thanks Aaron!

To explain things a bit - the registration for the LSO class is indeed being handled through ILDA, which is why you have to go to their "shopping" website to sign up. And yes, this means you have to "register" with ILDA's e-commerce site in order to get into the class. BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE JOINING ILDA! It's just that you need a username and password to complete transactions on the site.

If you want to join ILDA at the same time, you can of course. But this is not required. (Note that ILDA members will save $50 on the price of the class.)

Also, if anyone wants more details about the "meat" of this LSO class, the details can be found here.

Adam
    Sweet! So, in theory you can join ILDA for the remainder of the year for a net of $25. I think I'm in!

ILDA Membership.... check! And, as expected, the only one in Delaware.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey people!

I just got off the phone with Greg Makhov at LSDI. He is willing to put on a 1-day Laser Safety Officer (LSO) training class for SELEM attendees. This class would be held at the Holiday Inn Express in Hickory, NC (in the conference room) on Monday, August 22nd. (Similar setup to the safety and regulatory lecture we had last year that Case Stack put on for us.) I expect the class will last 9 or 10 hours.

Adam
    Just to confirm.... this is the Holiday Inn Express in Conover (the one we all stay at), not Hickory. Correct??