Thread: Identify this DPSS module?

Default Identify this DPSS module?

I need to know the specs on this green DPSS module and it's power supply. There is no writing on it anywhere, other than the number on top. The only writing on the power supply is a warning label, and the same laser part number.

Basically I want to find red and blue lasers that will be a good match for power, so I can have an RGB projector.

Lightbulb

I would again contact LaserNet as that is an older unit and was probably altered for installation in this projector.

O, and
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I would again contact LaserNet as that is an older unit and was probably altered for installation in this projector.

O, and

I've actually been waiting to hear back from LaserNet about the projector itself, but I'm doubtful they will be able to help me much, at least with the laser. I've pretty much had to figure the whole thing out myself. This is my first laser projector, so I'm learning as I go. I've gotten as far as interfacing the scanner amps to a PC sound card and drawing patterns on the wall, but I'd like to fix the original hardware if I can.

if its from lasernet its probably not very good anyway

they seem to use the craziest no-name chinese lasers I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    if its from lasernet its probably not very good anyway

they seem to use the craziest no-name chinese lasers I have ever seen
    I think the previous owners retrofitted it. The original laser was a big argon unit.

This DPSS laser has a problem with flickering though. It's probably got a lot of hours on it. And I'm sure it didn't help when I bumped the knob on my bench supply and put over 9 volts into it either. It shut itself down until the voltage came back to normal, but still not good for it.