Thread: Lasever Lasers

Default Lasever Lasers

Does anyone have any info on performance , reliability , lifespan, heat issues with these lasers? And experiences?? Thanks!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Default Lasever DPSS quality

Hey Carey!

I've got a Lasever DPSS green (100 mw) that I've been very happy with. There are a couple threads here on PL that talk about Lasever units in comparison to other brands...

For beam quality, check this thread out; I put my Lasever unit up against a single line Argon and a 14 mw hene, and the Lasever unit had better beam quality than either one! (Be sure to look at the pics of the experiment in the PhotonLexicon Gallery.)

Here's another thread where the reliability of the Lasever units is discussed, although the begining of that thread is devoted to the DPSS *blue* units...

Adam

EDIT: PS - the laser in my Alphalite projector is *NOT* my Lasever unit. It's a much cheaper laser.

I bought a 150 mW DPSS a few years back, and at the time they were the best priced. I have since bought a 300mW Lamdapro, which although more powerful was fairly cheap & does not have the beam quality that lasever units have. Lasever have a much tighter less divergent beam than my lamdapro and because of this looks nice and bright and more defined. Not sure how their 300mW units compare, as a company they are very helpful and friendly.

My Lambda pro also has a fairly big beam, but thats not a bad thing for a lasershow really... I worry about Lasever because i have heard about some long ship times and i really dont like to send cash to a western union account. No protection form VISA if the deal dies..... They do look cool. Im waiting to see how they will be after a few months, years
    www.laser-ad.com

payment was OK
    Shippment was OK
    The replacement and repair of NEW produkt was OK

But one time it did take some time before they did shipped out my laser..
    And the reply from e-mail was slow..

But in Total the custom service was always helpful.... both on repair and on the e-mail !!

I have one green dpss, and one blue !
    The green is nice and smooth beam with adjustment blanking is perfect!

The blue is acting like it`s "flimmering" somthimes when it`s actice!
    You notice this very good when drawing a beam effect in smoke (like a line)!
    And when the blue laser is ON for more than 10min it turns itself off (10 sec to cool down) ..

I think LasEver is OK..
    But I personally think I will try to find my next blue from some other dealer!!

Cheers

Sounds like the current is too high or it is not cooling well. May need to check it out before it fails!!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

The lasever unit have a "auto-heat-turn-off" protection...
    So I dont think i have to worry about it !

But only 10 min on time?? thats no good at all... Get that back to them to get fixed up!! Lasever..Sheesh......
    www.laser-ad.com